Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
laserjet p1109w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I send print jobs from my Apple devices to the printer wirelessly the printer responds quickly but it seems and sounds like it's running in a slower motion than when I print from my Windows based PC. When printing from computer, which is hard wired vis USB, the printer seems to hum and churn at the normal pace and sound. When printing from any wireless device I have the printer acts like it running out of battery power, if the printer had batteries. I am just using that as an example for reference purposes. Any ideas or suggestions? All the machines and devices are all running the latest software and drivers and firmware on printer are all up to date. The print quality is fine just wondering why the slower speed when printing wireless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @rschumacher

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is printing slowly on wireless.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2hzDQTH

NOTE: Ignore the steps you have already performed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @rschumacher

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is printing slowly on wireless.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2hzDQTH

NOTE: Ignore the steps you have already performed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for teh rerply. I did the steps that were necessary. Nothing worked. As I said the quality of the print is fine it is just the sound of the printer that erks me. When printing from the computer which is hard wired to the printer it acts fine. Just wireless printing it does the slow motion thing. Thanks for your prompt reply Sorry it didn\t work out.

HP Recommended

@rschumacher

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he's out for the day 

And I'll be glad to help you out.

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service,

As you've mentioned the issue with slow printing only occurs over WiFi and that could be due to the network speed and bandwidth used to print over the internet,

here's what you'll need to confirm:

• On your computer, check the wireless signal strength by clicking the wireless connection icon in the Windows taskbar. If the signal strength is low, move the router, computer, and printer closer together.

• Make sure there are no additional strains on your network, such as downloading or streaming services. Depending on your bandwidth, these activities can significantly affect print speed.

• If the printer is connected to the network with an Ethernet cable, make sure the cable connections are secure.

• Restart your router by unplugging it, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back in.

Additional tips

These tips can help resolve issues with slow printing.

• If the printer is connected with a USB cable, try using a different USB cable. Using a USB cable that is too long or improperly shielded can affect print speed.

• Some printer models allow you to print with only one cartridge installed. Printing with only one cartridge causes slower print speed.

You could also update the firmware of your computer to avoid such issues once the above is confirmed:

1. Make sure the printer is on and connected to the computer, either through your network or a USB cable.

2. Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then enter your printer model number.

3. Select your operating system if required.

4. Click Firmware, then click Download.

If a firmware section is not listed, a firmware update is not available. Skip to the next step.

5. Click Use HP Download and Install Assistant (Recommended), click Next, and then click Install now.

6. When the update is finished, click OK.
  7. If you connected a USB cable for your networked printer, then remove the USB driver that was added by Windows.

1. Search Windows for Devices and Printers, and then open Device and Printers from the search results.

2. Right-click the USB printer device that matches your printer model, and then select Remove Device.

3. Disconnect the USB cable, and restart the computer.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.