Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Do I correctly understand that the HP AIO Remote app for the iPhone cannot send a print job to this printer for 5x7 photo paper that is contained in the photo tray, only 4x6 paper, and that in order to print on 5x7 stock one must place such stock in the main tray?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@liz78eq,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue is while printing from AIO remote app.

This issue could be with software design of the app.

Hence, you may need to keep the photo paper in the main tray.

You may also check the link: Print and Scan from the HP AiO Printer Remote App

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

You should be able to print 5x7 from teh photo tray. Look for options in the app like paper source to select where you want take the paper from. 

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Sorry for delayed response, but was fleeing hurricance Matthew.

I selected size of 5x7 and left Source at Auto (because only other choice is Main). Type shown as Photo. I have 5x7 photo paper stock in the photo tray, which accepts both 4x6 and 5x7 stock.

As has recently been the case (it used to work properly), the 5x7 photo was printed on letter sized paper from the Main tray.

Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  The paper size is selected at 4x6, the source is Automatic (main tray is the only other option) and the paper type is photo.  No matter what I do, it continues to print to the main tray.

I have an iphone 7+ and my printer is a photosmart 7525

HP Recommended

@liz78eq,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print photos from the photo tray of your HP Photosmart 7525 e-All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the correct tray is not selected.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Printing Photos (Windows)

You may also check the link: Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)

Let me know how this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I can print fine from my computer.  It's the AiO remote app that won't allow it. 

HP Recommended

@liz78eq,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue is while printing from AIO remote app.

This issue could be with software design of the app.

Hence, you may need to keep the photo paper in the main tray.

You may also check the link: Print and Scan from the HP AiO Printer Remote App

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.