Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO PRINT ENVELOPES ON THE OFFICEJET8600? WHERE DO THEY GO IN THE TRAY?

HP Recommended

Hi PN6899,

I understand that you want to see how to print envelopes. I will try my best to guide you through this. In this document Loading Paper, Envelopes, and Specialty Paper there is a video showing how to load envelopes.

I hope this helps, let me know.

Thank you

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

To Advance23:

On 11/28/2011, Altascene writes about "[turning] off the media auto-detect feature."  How do I do that.  I have tried all the solutions on these forums for printing our business letterhead envelopes, which print to within about 1/8" of the left side of the #10 envelope.  Used to do this on a Canon MP830 without any problem, but after 8 years they all wore out.  The HP 8600 was selected as their replacements - and we are having MAJOR problems.  Our final "solution" has been to carefully tape a #10 envelope onto a piece of 8-1/2" x 11 paper and run it through the printer - that works, but what a pain!

I believe when we finally figure out how to turn off that stupid "media auto-detect" feature, we'll be able to print the way we need to.  And yes, we have fooled with margins, etc. etc. - we have wasted $100's of man-hours trying to resolve this.

HP Recommended

It appears I'm having the same challenge everyone else is having on the forum.  You put envelopes in as specs show and it doesn't like the media size.  Heck, when I use my 1536 dnf it prints crooked.  Yes, it gets it through but it causes me to look like I work for a kindergarten group.  I need to be able to do this.....sounds like others do as well.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

how to print enveloppe on my OFFICEJET8600Pro?

HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

I understand you would like to print on envelopes using a Officejet 8600. I will do my best to assist you! First, I need to find out your operating system on your computer? Windows or Mac?

What type of envelopes are you printing? What type of program are you using on your computer?

Follow this HP document on Loading Paper, Envelopes, and Specialty Paper. You need to change the print settings within the program to successfully print envelopes. I will provide the Manual here. On page 39, explains how to perform this step. 

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night! Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have followed both of your links.  I am loading the 10 envelope into the tray in the center with the flap up and left, and adjusting the guides to the center.

I am then printing envelopes from word and have specified a #10 envelope and the feed that is correct. 

But the printer cannot feed the #10 envelope.  It is a standard envelope.  The printer says to load paper after it tries unsuccessfully to feed the envelope for printing.  I have a stack of about 10 envelopes in the tray, and I  have also tried it with just 1 envelope

HP Recommended

Please help me step by step how to print an #10 envelope on a HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer.

HP Recommended

I actually found that I could print regular business envelopes on the HP 8600 but they always came out with ink smears and droplets on the edge near the return address. The envelopes printed but the printing was of unacceptable quality. My older HP printers handled envelope printing in a better manner.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info - I can't imagine why HP would take a step backwards.........My old 6500A Plus allows envelopes to feed right on top of the regular paper, without having to do all the adjustments.  Had I known this, I would not have purchased the 8610.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.