Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Not sure if anyone else found an answer but after messing with the above settings for a few hours I finally went on the printer and removed web services and then re-added it.

To do this

• click on the icon for ePrint
  • click on Settings
  • scroll to the bottom of the page
  • click on Remove Web Services

My printer is an HP Photosmart 6520

Hope it works for you all!

Chad

HP Recommended

After a rathe rlong time I tried this again and this time it worked. It seems that HP fixed some issue because I did not have to do anything.

Thanks

Peter

HP Recommended

Hello.

After getting rid of 403 it now stifles me with Connection Server Error only now it won't let me into the web browser to go in and change the settings.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Mike Lambert

HP Recommended

Hi,

I did try you suggestion and it's not working.

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 and I can't send scan by email I have an error message Connexion required

THe wifii is working and the email setting it s done in the configuration and the connexion was tested and its working.

So How can I resolve this problem ?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

I did try you suggestion and it's not working.

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 and I can't send scan by email I have an error message Connexion required

THe wifii is working and the email setting it s done in the configuration and the connexion was tested and its working.

So How can I resolve this problem ?

Thanks

HP Recommended

1.  Find reset to factory default and click (varies on different models)

2.  Follow instuctions to install eprint and print to e-mail

I tried all other suggestions incl taking down firewalls with no luck.  Of course you need to be connected to internet etc.  This was a relatively quick fix.  ps you will get a new e-mail address for the printerand new pin

HP Recommended

I tried most of the previous suggestions without success. Finally go mine working by selecting the App option on the printer.

App then Scan to Email...it's self explanatory after this.  You do it all from the printer touch screen.

HP Recommended

I have nearly definitive proof that using SMTP configurations on at least the X476dn will only work once, then fail consistently until the machine is powered down and back up. This issue appears to have started about 3 weeks ago for us.

We did not physically adjust settings, etc., so it's a mystery as to why it quit working. The firmware update I performed did not alleviate the problem so I decided to setup the functionality by pointing it to an SMTPS server via port 587 with credentials being passed. Now it works flawlessly.

This is a true concern to me that this functionality was changed without any notice. I understand why it changed, but a heads up would have been much obliged.

Meanwhile back at the ranch... our RICOHS continue to scan away whilst sending naked bits via port 25.

HP Recommended

thanks that worked for me after 2 days of trying

HP Recommended

Thank you for putting me in the right direction.   I couldn't see how to do it your way but successful with using the screen on the printer pressing the settings button.     Ureka !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.