Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6500A

In order to try and enable the HP ink service I had to disable and re-enable Web Services. Web Services will now not re-enable, advising that the server can't be found.

The printer firmware was updated to CIP1FN1206AR using the copy function to upload the FUL file as the check box in the updater executable wont check. Everytime I try to run Enable Web Services from the panel it keeps saying that the server can't be found. Has the configured server in the firmware changed so it is now invalid? I am now left with a printer without ePrint , where it has functioned perfectly for the last 3 years.

I have tried the lower of the rests in the Engineering menu.

I have reset my router to factory defaults and have also connected the printer to my iPhone running as a Wireless Hotspot.

There appears to be lots of reports on the web about similar issues but no definitive fix. I have tried the manual DNS settings too. I have no restrictions on my router firewall and no problems with any other PC based services or functionality. I am in the UK using Sky for ADSL and EE for iPhone data services. I am going to try the printer on my parents Talktalk network in the next few days but I don't think that will make any difference.

Is it possible to get a definitive solution for this. I want to use ePrint services and register for HP Ink.

I am hopeful that HP can provide me a fix for this. Other users reported this issue 3 or 4 years ago but there are no recent posts. All help gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

So you have the Officejet 6500A Plus printer which is a different model of the same series.

But yet, the exact same applies the entire series, the latest firmware version is CIP1FN1621AR:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/oj6500/OJ6500_E710n-z_R1621A.exe

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Web Services require the latest printer firmware to operate.

As you describe firmware version CIP1FN1206AR, this is not the latest version available.

Download and install firmware versions SYM2FN1621BR below:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/oj6500/OJ6500_E710a-f_R1621B.exe

If you may have a Mac OS X (as the latest firmware provided for previous OS X versions was SYM2FN1206AR), I afraid the latest update is not currently available for Mac OS X, you will need a Windows PC with the printer installed on it to get the latest firmware installed.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

My printer is a 6500A E710n-z so I do think I have the latest firmware.

HP Recommended

Hi,

So you have the Officejet 6500A Plus printer which is a different model of the same series.

But yet, the exact same applies the entire series, the latest firmware version is CIP1FN1621AR:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/oj6500/OJ6500_E710n-z_R1621A.exe

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended
Thsnks. This version finally fixed it but still needed me to copy the FULfile to apply the firmware rather than via the GUI.
HP really need to look at their solutions. They are not very user friendly.
HP Recommended

I tried the solution for the hp6500A but did not work, I have a hp6500A plus,  the software showed up but said under status not applicable but have save version number ending in AR and seems to be needing the update for webservices.   can you direct me to solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.