Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I woke up to 22 pages of printing. 1 Disney Brave printout (5 pages) and 8 double page repeats of Network Configuration pages, and a wireless quickstart guide.

I did not subscribe to Disney printables. However, when I went online to my account it showed that I was subscribed. 

I have no idea what the set up pages were from, especially while I was sleeping.

And that is 22 pages taken from my montly auto ink count.

My questions:

1 -Is there any place I can access an actual HP person rather than just asking "the community" of other users?

2 - How do I get the 20 pages credited back to my account?

3-  How can I be subscribed to printables that I didn't ask for? And how do I keep that from happening again? Please don't suggest that someone in my house did it without me knowing.

4 - Can I be on auto ink without letting hp - or anyone else in the world for that matter - access my printer to print? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@lkmg

@lkmg wrote:

I woke up to 22 pages of printing. 1 Disney Brave printout (5 pages) and 8 double page repeats of Network Configuration pages, and a wireless quickstart guide.

I did not subscribe to Disney printables. However, when I went online to my account it showed that I was subscribed. 

I have no idea what the set up pages were from, especially while I was sleeping.

My questions:

1 -Is there any place I can access an actual HP person rather than just asking "the community" of other users?

3-  How can I be subscribed to printables that I didn't ask for? And how do I keep that from happening again? Please don't suggest that someone in my house did it without me knowing.

4 - Can I be on auto ink without letting hp - or anyone else in the world for that matter - access my printer to print? 

1 - Yes, if you are in the USA / Canada, contact Cloud Support:

ePrint, Instant Ink, and Print Apps (formally Printables)

In USA or Canada, call Cloud Services: 1-855-785-2777

HP Cloud Services and HP Tech Support

2 - Contact the Support people at HP Connected / Instant Ink services:

HP Connected - Instant Ink

1-855-785-2777 + plus Chat and Twitter

Please take the time to read your Terms of Service -- the plan is flexible and you can do much to make it work for your needs.

3 - I do not know the answer to this question.

4 - No, you cannot be "on auto ink" without HP having access to your printer.  If the restriction is a "deal breaker", you can cancel your Instant Ink Service.

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

NOTICE:  HP Printers - HP Printables and HP Printables Mobile App Retirement

Print Apps are going away soon.  Poof!  Gone; no longer an issue after October 31, 2016.

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@lkmg

@lkmg wrote:

My questions:

1 - Yes, if you are in the USA / Canada, contact Cloud Support:

ePrint, Instant Ink, and Print Apps (formally Printables)

In USA or Canada, call Cloud Services: 1-855-785-2777

HP Cloud Services and HP Tech Support

2 - Contact the Support people at HP Connected / Instant Ink services:

HP Connected - Instant Ink

1-855-785-2777 + plus Chat and Twitter

Please take the time to read your Terms of Service -- the plan is flexible and you can do much to make it work for your needs.

3 - I do not know the answer to this question.

4 - No, you cannot be "on auto ink" without HP having access to your printer.  If the restriction is a "deal breaker", you can cancel your Instant Ink Service.

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

NOTICE:  HP Printers - HP Printables and HP Printables Mobile App Retirement

Print Apps are going away soon.  Poof!  Gone; no longer an issue after October 31, 2016.

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you. I like the idea that printable apps will go away! That will help more than just me I am sure.

I do know that my auto ink plan is flexible, but my "needs" don't include donating 22 pages a month to HP for printer errors:-)

Since I am still on my trial time, I have another month to decide if this is a consistent issue. That may be the reason HP is cancelling the apps? Hmm.

HP Recommended

@lkmg

You are welcome.

Although many people do like the service, it was decided that the feature shall be retired.

Regardless of your "trial" period status, if you have questions or concerns, do contact the Support folks.  The Instant Ink Service is supposed to provide a benefit (for which you pay); you should be happy.

Hang in there -- October is right around the corner!

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.