Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 6520
iPhone
I can't get the hp e print app to accept or verify my email account. I've followed the tech' instructions over and over with no success. New problem now: every time I send a print job to the Printer I get an error message. It worked the other day! Since adding the app it doesn't work through the app OR JUST STRAIGHT THROUGH THE PHONE. Please advise.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @DianeHarto

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I see that you would like some assistance with printing from your iPhone to your Photosmart 6520 printer.

I am presuming that you are trying to add your email account to the HP ePrint app and you are getting a verification error. If you have two-step verification turned on for your Apple email, please refer to Apple’s Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID document. It has the steps you need to add your email to the app.

To help with your printing issues, please provide some additional information.

• You indicated that you are getting an error message, what does the error message say and where is it displayed (iPhone, computer, or printer)
  • Are you trying to print with the app and it is failing or are you trying to print using AirPrint and it is failing?
  • When you tap the ePrint icon on the front panel of the printer is it displaying the printer’s ePrint email address? If no, what is it displaying?
  • What version of iOS are you using on iPhone? If you are unsure how to check this information please follow the steps in Apple’s iPhone, iPad, iPod: How to find the software version

Thank you.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for responding to me.   I appreciate that.   

I have solved the app problem by learning my correct settings to put into the app fields and it finally accepted my email. 

However, I have not solved the problem with the air print straight off the phone .    

It used to work like a gem.  But now it doesn't. So,  When I send an item to the printer, whether photo or email document it sends it and then immediately after seeing the "sending" message, (just a quick flash)  in then says "THERE WAS AN ERROR AND IT COULD NOT SEND"    or something very close to that.  It doesn't give an error code or any other info.  This is all since I got my new printer and then the new print app.  After long sessions with all the techs;  Apple,  TWC,  hp, Dell    This is where I am.   Everything works great.........except airprint which does not work at all.   I can live with that , but I really like EVERYTHING to work.   I'm picky that way.  :indifferent:       Thanks for your time.  Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi @DianeHarto

Thank you very much for the update. Let’s give the AirPrint feature one more shot at getting it to work.

Let’s confirm that your router supports Bonjour communication which is used for AirPrint. Please review @Shirlzz1 post titled Help Determine if your router can support AirPrint with the Bonjour Discovery App.

After confirming that the router supports AirPrint, then please follow the troubleshooting steps in the Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs document. There is two sections that are good to follow even though you are getting a different error message. The first one is “What if a 'No AirPrint Printers Found' message displays on my Apple device?” and the second one is “What if I experience problems when I try to use AirPrint?”.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
My router and extender are brand new last month. Links us products
HP Recommended
Also, air HAS WORKED on this router and extender before I intro how print app to the mix
HP Recommended

Hi @DianeHarto

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I would be extremely  surprised if your new router did not support AirPrint, but it is remotely possible that it doesn’t. Would you please check just to make sure?

The other question, is are you connecting your iPhone to your home wireless network before attempting to use the AirPrint feature?

Thanks.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.