Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While installing on "add device" my laptop recognizes the Printer, but asks me for WPN PIn "that came with the printer". Where do I find that PIN ?

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey @Herbiem,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are trying to set your Officejet 8720 e-All-in-One Printer wirelessly. I can help you with that.

First, to avoid some confusion, on the printer click on the icon that looks like several devices. Now make sure Wireless Direct is set to off. Now from the printer's main screen click on the Wireless icon that looks like a radio tower, the gear, Wireless, and then Wireless Setup. This will allow you to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Please let me know if you are able to setup the printer after following the above. If you are, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am having this same issue. My printer is already on the wireless network and I have other devices attached to it. But when I attempt to connect my laptop, it sees the printer as an available device, but when I attempt to connect it, it asks for the WPN that came with the device. Says it should be either located on the device or in the paperwork that came with the device, but I can't find it. None of the numbers on my printer work (HP Officejet ProX476dw MFP). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.