Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

In addition to needing to know what Raster means when it comes to printing, can someone answer this basic question for this basic person... If I want to print in the most economical mode, what do I choose out of the following options: Greyscale only, Black Ink only,  High Quality Black or High Quality Grey Scale (don't remember exactly how it is phrased)?  Thanks to all, and yes, I am a relative newbie.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Grayscale only uses all three colors to make smooth gradients in graphics.

Black only combined with Draft or Fast Draft setting, will use the least ink possible.

Raster can be referencing images that are resolution dependent, and don't print well at other sizes. Raster is basically a rectangular group of pixels, or square dots that make up an image. There is a lot of information about what raster can involve out on the internet. Way too much to get into here.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.