Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Recommended
SO,I HAVE 20 FREE EFAX INCOMING AND 20 OUTGOING EVERY MONTH
HP Recommended

Just a side note.....If you ever sign up for the "plus" service and want to cancel it, you have to call and/or email. You also get no refunds. Below is from there website and I just spent half an hour trying to get my account cancelled and refunded. With lots of COMPLETELY NON REFUNDABLE repeated from teh customer service guy. I needed extra pages for 1 month as I was buying a house and had to fax papers (scan/emails were no good). I bought the better printer for pictures/scans/fax to replace a Brother AIO that was dying. Didn't know it was efax and wasn't happy there was no plug in normal/ option. 

At this point my home PC died and I need new. I'm probably going to take my printer back to BJ's and buy a Canon as well as a different brand PC. HP was no help when I tried to call to set up with problems and same BS from EFAX. HP should give a plug in option for users that are happy with a plain fax. Very frustrating with hours wasted.

b. Payment for Services:

Your activation fee and monthly or annual service fees, as applicable, are payable in advance and are COMPLETELY NON-REFUNDABLE. You agree that for monthly subscriptions, j2 Global may submit charges for your monthly service fee each month, and for annual subscriptions, j2 Global may submit charges for your annual service fee annually, in each case, without further authorization from or notice to you, until you provide prior notice (in accordance with j2 Global's verification procedures, as may be established by j2 Global from time to time in its sole discretion) that you have terminated this authorization or wish to change your designated card(s). Such notice will not affect charges submitted before j2 Global reasonably could act on your notice. If you add eFax Numbers to an existing Services account, your first payment for such additional eFax Numbers may be prorated to coincide with the annual/monthly anniversary of your first eFax Number. You agree that j2 Global may (at its option) accumulate Services fees incurred during your monthly billing cycle and submit them as one or more aggregate charges during or at the end of each cycle, and that j2 Global may delay obtaining authorization from your card issuer until submission of the accumulated charge(s). This means that accumulated Services fee charges may appear on the statement you receive from your card issuer.

HP Recommended

Hi partnership,

See page 1 message 1 and 2 of this thread for more information about the eFax® service.  lm_cheesecake starts this thread by providing an excellent description about their fax by email service.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile/What-is-efax-and-how-does-it-work/td-p/940667

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi csr2003,

Yes, your eFax send and receive page count is reset to zero at the beginning of every month.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi sequoiasoon,

I apologize for your inconvenience.

Remember eFax Plus & Pro accounts are paid eFax accounts.  HP is not affiliated with the setup of these accounts as you know they require a credit card on file with eFax.  Thus you have to make a choice of whether or not the HP free eFax account accompanied with select HP printers will meet your needs or not.

Remember our Officejet All-in-One line has traditionally included a traditional fax line.  In the past we have had  Photosmart printers that include a traditional fax machine i.e. HP Photosmart Premium Fax AiO c309a and HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-AiO c410a

This year we have a new HP Photosmart 7520 available at shopping.hp.com which includes a traditional fax machine. See link below.

https://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Printers/HP-Photosmart/CZ045A?HP-Photosmart-752...

Remember, you always have a choice.

Let me know if this helps.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
i send efax from my work ,but no print why
HP Recommended

I cannot find my booklet that came with this printer.  I need to send a fax but do not know how to do it.  Please give simple directions.  Thankyou.

HP Recommended

I live in Spain and have been given a free efax number in the USA - (+1).  If I send or receive faxes they are likely to be local or from and to the UK.  My questions are as follows:

1.  Who pays to send faxes to me from an ordinary fax machine?  

2.  Will local faxes cost the sender an overseas call?

3.  When I send an eFax to an ordinary fax machine which entails eventual transmission over commercial lines - who pays?

4.  When I call or fax the UK I normally drop the Zero from the UK area code.  Do I have to do that with eFaxes?

Grateful for any help from you experts out there. 

HP Recommended

How do I get this service with my photosmart 6520 printer. can't get to the right spot to register with my purchase.

When I ask about eFax there is a charge and this is not what HP says.

free eFax account and dedicated fax number

Thanks ,

Don Mathisen

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.