Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

yes i see my number it is {Personal Information Removed}

i setup efax on the printer panel and have restored and used many e-mail addresses but all the same problem

i have a bt hub 3 as my router and my IP is BT in the UK., please help im goingcrazy

HP Recommended

Since you can see your eFax number that's a good indication that you may have everything setup correctly.

Are you able to receive faxes?

If so, you may need to contact eFax to verify if the account is the "HP" eFax free account or the regular eFax free account.

They are both account are eFax free accounts.  The difference in functionality is determine on where the account was originally created .

1. The regular eFax free (non 30 day trial) account setup at eFax.com does not support sending faxes and only allows 10 received fax pages per month.
  2. The "HP" eFax free account requires that the account is created on the HP unit with the preinstalled eFax print app.  As mentioned in an earlier post, the account is authorize by eFax to both send and receive 20 fax pages every month.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
cannot receive faxes either i have contacted efax they will not speak to me they say they take nothing to do with hp efax, i have tried calling a number of times and they all say same thing
HP Recommended

eFax should answer account related questions as the account is a eFax free account not HP, but as far as troubleshooting the printer and setup of the service, they are correct in recommending you to HP. 

The eFax print app requires HP web services to be fully functional as your faxes are delivered to your unit using your printers HP ePrint email address.

1. Sending faxes.
  • HP provides web services that allows eFax print app to connect and communicate with the internet. 
  • eFax print app uses HP printer to scan document prior to sending fax.
  • After eFax print app successfully sends scanned document from unit to eFax server.  eFax server then transmits fax to recipient.

2.   Receiving faxes.

• Someone sends fax to your fax number, it arrives at eFax server.  Can be checked by logging in at eFax.com with your fax number and 4 digit PIN.
  • eFax server forwards fax to HP ePrinters email address for printing.

Let get down to the root of the problem.

1. Send yourself a HP ePrint job to see if it prints.  (Faxes are deliver using ePrint service)
  2. Login HP ePrintCenter web site to check status of printer. https://h30495.www3.hp.com/c/45553/US/en/ 
  •  HP ePC account status should indicate Connected and Ready.
  • Click ePrint Settings on the left side of the page.  Is your authorized sender list set to Everyone or Allowed Senders Only.  If set to Allowed Senders only, click the check box to enable "inbound fax messages from eFax".

3.  Login eFax.com with eFax number and PIN to verify eFax account settings.

• www.eFax.com --> My Accounts --> enter eFax number and PIN --> click Account Update --> Received Email Address --> verify if its the same as current ePrinters email address.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I certainly agree!! The last wireless HP All-in-One I had (C3309a) didn't need a fee. When is HP going to begin requiring a per-print price for printing? This really stinks!

HP Recommended

laceymike,

Your HP Photosmart Premium Fax (c309a) printer included a traditional fax machine which only requires a live telephone connection.   

The three photosmart series printers that include the pre-installed eFax print app do not require a live telephone connection because the faxes are delivered over the internet. 

The service is great for customers who 1. Don't fax much.  2. No longer subscribe to home phone service.  3. Already have eFax service.

eFax authorizes the eFax free accounts bundled with those units to send 20 free incoming & 20 free outgoing fax pages per month.  If you need more that the allotted faxes, contact eFax for assistance in setting up a paid account or you can purchase an HP printer that includes a traditional fax machine.

Let me know if this helps!

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I currently have been assigned an eFax number and PIN; but when I try to log in I get a message "Invalid Login"?

HP Recommended

Hi BROOKLYNSTU,

When you login eFax print app, omit the "1" before the number. The eFax server considers the "1" as the first digit of the fax number. 

When sending a fax or logging into the eFax.com web site with your fax number and PIN, the "1" before the number is completely optional.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I DO NOT like this arrangement. To use eFax I will have to register at yet another site giving them my credit card type and name which I am loath to do. Computer, security is an oxymoron - ask the government. I also DO have home service and I have a live telephone connection in every room - including the room I was using for my faxes before.

You'd think HP would at least give administrator an option between the two. If you can give us Facebook, snapfish, etc., then surely HP has the technical ability to give us an option of a basic function.

Mike

HP Recommended

An eFax "free" account does not require a credit card (CC). An eFax free account can be setup on an HP printer which included the pre-installed eFax app or at eFax.com   See Message 2 of this thread for a comparison.

Note: Only the 30 day trial, eFax Plus, and eFax Pro accounts require a CC.

I am an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.