Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
What is the HP wireless printer password it keeps asking me to put in to join?? I have no idea where to find this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

☑️This post is for the ones that can not print because of printer connectivity issues or the printer status is offline.

Here are some tips that might help:Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status

☑️ If you have problems finding WPS PIN Number, we have this document to help you:  An 'Enter WPS PIN' message displays during HP printer setup 

🎥 How to Find the WPS PIN to Complete Printer Setup | HP Printers | @HPSupport 

More question, you can create a new question in our community😉

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi,

One password associated with a wireless printer would be the wifi password to which the printer will need to connected in order to print wirelessly.  Is it asking for a wifi password?

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
No it wasn't that as I know it needs my wi-fi connection but the problem was solved by an HP chat assistant. Apparently there is a password printed on the first sheet automatically printed out after set up and it's this number I needed to input. All working fine now thanks!
HP Recommended

Great - glad you found a fix

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
Hi ! I am having the same problem . I bought the Hp DesKjet 3236 wireless printer yesterday . It's connected with my laptop but not to my iPhone keep asking the password for the printer . I tried the wifi password it's not working . I don't know what password and where to find ?
please help !!!!
HP Recommended

Printer out the Network Config page to find your password.

HP Recommended

My printer stopped working and is now asking for a password. I tried turning the router and printer off and restarting but it still happens. I was printing earlier today

HP Recommended

Welcome @Dollgirl,

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you need the printer's password. I will certainly do my best to help you.

Were you able to print a Network Config page to find your password?

If not, then I can provide you with a reset for the printer.

Let me know the model number of the printer: How Do I Find My Model or Printer Number?

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2548
HP Recommended
It's asking for a password? How do you print a network config page?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.