Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Why do my print jobs keep cancelling?  Photosmart D110.  Internet connected.  Shows connected and ready.  Get email saying received.  It cancels immediately.  This is something new.  It was printing fine.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi Walzak,

when you say it cancels immediately, does the printer go to print and then stops printing? What is the specific error message you are getting?  

I was an HP employee.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
HP Recommended

I get the email that print request has been received for printing but it doesn't print.  When I look at Print Centre on print details, the print report details keep showing cancelled.  The only error is the print job showing "Cancelled". 

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. Previously, ePrint worked fine. Suddenly, in the last few days, I get the message, "Thank you for using HP's ePrint service.  Your ePrint job was received, but had to be cancelled due to a printer error or processing issue... ePrint Error. The print job was cancelled because either a user at the printer or the printer owner cancelled it." But, the system was working a few days ago, and no one has changed any settings. No one is cancelling the print job. 

The network connectivity is fine, when I check the HP Network Configuration Page. Printer Status Report indicates no problems that I can recognize. The Network Status is "Ready" and there is a defined URL and Hostname. 

When I log into the HP ePrint Center, there is a green check mark, indicated "connected." When I view the job history, I see previous jobs listed with "PRINTED" next to them, up until April 11th. From April 14th, the print jobs all say "CANCELED." 

So, I tried printing simply over the local wireless network, avoiding the ePrint system. Printing works fine. 

Is there something going on at HPs server? 

Thanks, 

Bob

HP Recommended

Hi Bob welcome to the forum I hope you are doing well.

I heard here by others members that engineers are working hard on an issue that may be affecting this process, nothing official form HP but I heard that from other members.

Best of luck;

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended
Okay, thanks! I'm pretty sure the problem is in the HP ePrint server, since everything else here (software and hardware) checks out fine.

Bob
HP Recommended

Hi there again,

Bob if I Iearn something different I will come back and let you know, always remember that with you can find news in regards eprint click here.

Best of luck;

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

Anyone still having troubles with ePrint functionality?  I continue to be unable to get mine to work.  Download recent software upgrade.  As soon as I email document for printing, it is cancelling immendiately with no error messages.  Any suggestions to fix??  This is so frustrating!

HP Recommended

Hi,  there sorry to learn that you are having this issue.

Let me start by saying this is what I heard from other members of the forum.

I heard here (other members of the community) that there is an issue that engineer are working on diligently that may be affecting this particular process. All of the suggestions in this page have help members of this forum with this situation hope that one of them helps you.

- Reboot the computer.
- Open the browser (Internet Explorer, chrome, FireFox, Safari,Opera ) of your preference and clear cookies and internet (Browsing) history.

-In the browser of your preference try singing-in or registering to e-print.

If the above did not solved your issue, Please try this;
- Use another browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, firefox, safari, Opera) and try again.

If you are willing to try a test,

-Disable all Security Applications on your computer including Windows Firewall and try to see if there a process getting block while the printing process is going on.

other quick suggestions unlikely to be related in your particular case;

-Set an static IP Address for your printer,
This should be done outside the DHCP range (the range that your router uses to automaticly assing leasses to the clients or devices connecting to the network).

- Use Google public DNS Servers;
8.8.8.8 and alternate 8.8.4.4 (the reason that I recommend this is because I have use them all the time and have not seem conflict of any kind)

- Make sure that your printer have the most current firmware and software available for them
(remember most of the updates in firmware and software are to FIX ISSUES and in a lesser degree done are to add functionality). The issue that you having may have been fix in a firmware update.

- Make sure that your Operating system is updated.
(To a lesser extend this are also updated to FIX ISSUES although some times can create them as well, mostly they are updated to patch security issues) it may be important.

Hope this helps;
RobertoR

HP Recommended

The printer does not even start printing.  The Print Centre status goes to cancelling immediately.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.