Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5660
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My printer was previously connected to my wireless network and I was able to print wireless from my phone, Ipad and laptop with no problems. The printer went offline for an unknown reason and now whenever I try to find my wireless network on the printer, it doesn't show up on the list. My laptop, phone and ipad all found and connected with no problem to the existing wireless network. I've restarted my router, the printer, and my computer and still the printer will not find the wireless network. Any advice? I have a mac and am running Sierra OS. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rachelrfitz

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the wireless network not found, though it had been previously connected,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Did you check if the printer is working via an ethernet setup?

Does the copier work?

Meanwhile, please try the below steps:

Step 1: Restart the computer, printer, and router

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any network or communication error states.

Step 2: Check the network and printer connection status

Make sure your network is working correctly and that the printer is ready for the network setup.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Rachelrfitz

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the wireless network not found, though it had been previously connected,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Did you check if the printer is working via an ethernet setup?

Does the copier work?

Meanwhile, please try the below steps:

Step 1: Restart the computer, printer, and router

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any network or communication error states.

Step 2: Check the network and printer connection status

Make sure your network is working correctly and that the printer is ready for the network setup.

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Sorry, I accidentally clicked solved. This solution did not work. I do not have an Ethernet cable to try. But I restarted everything again and it still doesn't work.
HP Recommended
The copier works but nothing else does.
HP Recommended

@Rachelrfitz

You've done a remarkable job performing the steps suggested earlier, great work 🙂 

And don't worry, as we should be able to fix this up with a few more steps and I'll be with you until we ensure this issue is fixed.

I understand you've accepted the solution but didn't mean it, however, I'll make sure that was a worthy selection (I'll try my best) 🙂
That said, you might want to print a wireless test report page using the Printer control panel and also perform the steps mentioned on this link: Click here 

Although, if none of the above works, you can Contact HP Phone support and they'll help you with setting up a repair/replacement order (FREE OF CHARGE if the product is covered by the HP Warranty)

Otherwise for a nominal fee to help your out as this would be determined as a hardware malfunction:

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I was able to print a wireless network test. Everything passed except the Network Name (SSID) found, that failed.
HP Recommended

@Rachelrfitz

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Considering the test results, I recommend you start the wireless setup from scratch as that should resolve your concern,

And here's what you need to know: 

Step 1: Prepare for installation

Before you install the printer software for a wireless network, make sure you know your network name and password, and your computer and printer are prepared for the installation.

1. Make sure that you have the following requirements before you begin:

• Network name: The network name is the SSID (Service Set Identifier).

• WEP key or WPA security passphrase

• A computer that is connected to the wireless network.

• Internet access. HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.

• Your wireless-capable HP product. Place it close to the computer during the installation procedure.

• A USB cable (used only during installation).

• Administrator privileges or password

2. Make sure the product, access point, and computer are all on, and that the computer is connecting to the wireless network.

3. Connect the USB Cable to the rear port of the HP product and to any USB port on the computer.

4. Exit all applications running on your computer.

Step 2: Connect to the wireless network

Use the printer's built-in Wireless Setup Wizard to walk you through finding your network name and entering the network password to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the instructions. I had to order a USB cord and it is arriving tomorrow, so I will attempt to try to connect with the printer and use the instructions you provided tomorrow and let you know if that works. Thanks again for the help.

HP Recommended

@Rachelrfitz

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, I followed the instructions provided but cannot get past the step where it asks me to connect my printer wirelessly using the wireless printer set up because my printer will not find my wireless network. The link to the instructions provided asked me to do the same thing, I'm still at square one because the printer won't even find my wireless network. Any other suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.