Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Another thing I just noticed, I printed out the HP Network Configuration page and it shows the wireless section 802.11 Network Name (SSID) as our old network wireless. Is there anyway I can reset the printer back to factory settings to get rid of any settings like that?

HP Recommended

Hi @Rachelrfitz, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and printing the Network configuration page. 

To restore the network settings on your printer. 

Select the gear symbol on the printer's control panel to enter the Setup menu. 

Select Network setup in the Step menu. 

Scroll to the bottom of the network setup menu and you will be able to restore the network settings on your printer to defaults. 

Once network settings are set to defaults, you can configure it to the new router.

HP Printers - Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Mac)

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I did what your instructions said but my printer will still not find my wireless network.
HP Recommended

Hi @Rachelrfitz,

Welcome to Expert's Day on the HP Support Forum!

I read through the entire thread. The printer unexpectedly went offline and you have reset the printer, restored the printer to factory defaults, and still the printer does not detect the wireless signal, is that correct? 

Does your printer display in the Print Queue at all? See 'Printer Offline' or 'Printer Not Responding' Message (Mac) > Step 1 > You have a network printer connection for the steps.

If the printer displays, continue with the steps in the document.

If the printer does not display, do not follow the steps in the document and let me know by replying to this thread.

Cloud Queen
I am an HP employee. I work on behalf of HP.

Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you.

Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved.
HP Recommended
The printer displays but I went through all the steps in the document you posted and my printer will still not connect to my wireless network, the network will not even show up on the printer and when trying to connect using the USB connection, it times out or says that it can't connect to the printer or get the printer to connect to the wireless network. I'm at a loss.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.