Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

hi there.:womanvery-happy:

i have a web-connected printer, named "premium with touchsmart web".

the site "eprint center" says you can add printer to your account, with "printer code", but i do not see it on my printer.

does my printer have "printer code"?

thank you

miki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Miki - great question.

The HP Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web All-in-One Printer does not currently use a printer code.

However, you can add the printer to your ePrintCenter account without a printer code using the following steps:

1. Click on the Add Printer button

2. In the Add Printer to your Account window, Click on the "I don't have a printer code" radio button

3. Select the "I have an HP Photosmart Premium with Touchsmart Web (C309A). No printer code needed!" option. 

I hope that helps - let us know if you have any additional questions. You also may want to look at the Print Apps Faq and Help at www.hpeprintercenter.com for more Print Apps information.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Hi, Miki - great question.

The HP Photosmart Premium TouchSmart Web All-in-One Printer does not currently use a printer code.

However, you can add the printer to your ePrintCenter account without a printer code using the following steps:

1. Click on the Add Printer button

2. In the Add Printer to your Account window, Click on the "I don't have a printer code" radio button

3. Select the "I have an HP Photosmart Premium with Touchsmart Web (C309A). No printer code needed!" option. 

I hope that helps - let us know if you have any additional questions. You also may want to look at the Print Apps Faq and Help at www.hpeprintercenter.com for more Print Apps information.

HP Recommended

hello!! :womanvery-happy:

thank you for answering my question.

i could add my printer to my eprint center account with the way you told.

thank you so much.

but i have one more question, as i am confusing after i did it.

what can i do on the eprint center when i add my printer to the account?

is it possible to add and remove the apps by using the eprint center? i thought i could do this.

here the eprint center says:

ePrintCenter: See your printer status, or add and remove print apps from any web browser, whether you're in front of your printer or miles away.

i hope the controls work.

thank you.

miki

HP Recommended

Hi, Miki.

I'm glad you were able to add your printer to your account.

At this time the HP Photosmart Premium with Touchsmart Web (C309A) does not support adding or removing apps from the HPePrintCenter web site, or viewing printer status. 

You can of course easily add and remove print apps directly on your printer front panel display:

- Add:  Select the large Get More icon in your print app display area to see a list of all available print apps for your printer

- Remove: Select the smaller manage favorites button in the top-left of your printer display

You can of course look at available print apps on the HPePrintCenter site, and provide ratings and comments on them if you wish.  Apps you see on the site will be available for installation on your printer via the Get More icon on your printer front panel display.

HP Recommended

hi there:womanvery-happy:

thank you for answering my question, again!!

now i understand what the eprint center can, or can not do.

i still hope my account of the eprint center could connect directly to my printer in future.

thanks a lot!!

miki

HP Recommended
Hi there, I see that there is one topic about printer codes, so I don´t need to create a new one, great.....I have problem with adding my printer. I would like to ask, where can I actually find the printer code?! This "How do I find a code" help window isn´t working properly for me. I tried many numbers, as serial number or even my wifi host number and many others, but none of them is working for me. My printer model is HP Photosmart Plus B209a-m. Please help
HP Recommended

Allright, I changed the language and now at least I can see the helping window, but still it tells me that I enter "invalid code". Isn´t this "web-connected printer" service somehow limited only for USA and Canada? Because I´m from Europe and this is only explanation which comes to my mind. Still, if it´s possible, I would like to solve it. Please, any ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello Lukeenho,

The Photosmart c209 is not a web connected printer. I just happen to have one here at my desk and am quite familiar with the model. The PS c209 is a mid-range all-in-one with wireless capability.

I'm curious, what gave you the impression that the PS c209 was a web connected printer?

Miles
HP Employee
HP Recommended
HP Recommended
6278imyi54owp

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.