Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a hp deskjet d1520 printer,it was given to me and I am trying to load it on my computer and it says  I n at need a product key  code.I called the support tech # and they refused to help me,if you would like for me to remain a customer of hp products I would like some help please.

HP Recommended

cant see where to enter printer code...my printer printed vague instructions...i went to eprintcenter.com, but i cant find where to enter this code so i can create an email address for my HP6510A...help

HP Recommended

@suzuki_m wrote:

hi there.:womanvery-happy:

i have a web-connected printer, named "premium with touchsmart web".

the site "eprint center" says you can add printer to your account, with "printer code", but i do not see it on my printer.

does my printer have "printer code"?

thank you

miki

@suzuki_m wrote:

the site "eprint center" says you can add printer to your account, with "printer code", but i do not see it on my printer.

thank you

miki

@suzuki_m wrote:

thank you

miki

hello all i need help i am using a photosmart c7200 series print and i am trying to find the printer code i am looking for a family member but all the web site is saying is that the code is on the web services information sheet and have no clue on how to reprint this and followed the information on a few different blogs but still no thing and before any asks i dont have the web servies settings menu on the print have checked and have tried adding all the numbers from the network configuration page,self test diagnostic page and the diagnostic sumary and still nothing and when i go on the eprint center page to add the print there is no place that says dont have a code

@suzuki_m wrote:

thank you

miki

HP Recommended

@zoe15fishing The printer that you have is not an ePrint enabled printer so it will not have a printer code.  I am providing a helpful link that shows ePrint capable printers.

HP Recommended

After printer was set up I received a printout telling me to go to "eprintcenter" to sine up and enter printer code. I have gone to printer center but have been unable to find a place to place the code. I just love this kind of crap. I only bought this printer to use with my iPad. I have no Idea how to use it with eprint.

HP Recommended

Luckily the iPad does not need ePrint to use it with your printer.  When you are connected to your home network you should be able to use the "Print" button that is in your menu box (Airprint).  One reason someone would use ePrint is if they are on vacation and want to print the sunset, at the office away from the printer, or to have a relative send a picture straight to the printer so it will print.

The printer code that printed off will expire after 24 hours so if you are interested in getting setup and are still having problems with finding where to put the printer code at the website I will be more than happy to help you.

To answer your question directly, go to www.eprintcenter.com and click the blue "Sign In" button in the middle of the website.  If you have already setup a web-services account then sign in with your personal email address and password.  If you get a message that says "Please enter an email associated with this account" then you have not set one up yet.  To the right of the sign in page is "Do not have an account? Create an account" link to click.  Enter in your information and select the button at the bottom to create an account.  At that point you will immediately see a place to enter in your printer code to customize it into a useful email that you will remember better.  

If you do not need to create an account, after signing in, there will be a tab at the top that says "Add Printer."  That should guide you to the next box where you enter in your printer code.  

If you get the error "Invalid Code" you will need to press the ePrint icon that is in the upper left-hand corner of your printer's touch screen and go to "Settings."  Scroll down until you see "Remove Web Services" and say yes.  You would only likely do this if your printer code is invalid.  The printer will return to the main screen.  Press the ePrint icon again (looks like a phone ringing or a piece of paper with circles behind it).  Accept all the prompts to enable web services and wait approximately two minutes for a new printer code to print off.

That should be every step on how to get started.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

I did as you indicated but the code was rejected. I attempted to follow your directions but ran into several problems using the screen on the printer. I never did see the wording "remove web services". I did see the printer code that was downloaded a couple of days ago. Now I need to know how to simplify the password. Now that I know what eprint is I can use it with my laptop. The girlfriend has a MAC lap top. Will she be able to utilize eprint as well? Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

You're welcome! That email/printer code is still technically invalid until you sign in to eprintcenter.com and enter a valid code there.  After you press the ePrint icon and you see that email@hpeprint.com then select "Settings."  

Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you should see "Remove Web Services."  If you don't, let me know the exact model of printer you have and I will see if it isn't in another menu. If you do, then let that complete and press the ePrint button again to enable web services again and get a new code.

After that prints the new code and instructions, the website will walk you the rest of the way through on how to customize that email and make it easier to remember.  Don't worry. You can not miss it after you get passed the "invalid printer code" error.

HP Recommended

I'm still not able to print out a new printer code. After the "eprint" button is pushed I get an email address that includes the original printer code. When I scroll to the bottom I do not get the "remove web services" readout. My printer is an HP Deskjet 3520.

HP Recommended

When you press the ePrint button what do you see?  Do you see a button for settings or do you see anything at all besides the "randomprintercode@hpeprint.com"?

Okay let us try another way then.  Press the wireless radio icon right above it and make note of the printer's IP address.  Now type those numbers into a web browser (ex: http:/192.168.1.5) and press the Enter key.  It should take you to a web-page for your printer.  There is a web-services tab at the top of this webpage that will have the option to remove web services there once you are in it.  

Let me know if this works for you.  I will post an example picture of an embedded web server below.  If you only get a lot of search responses instead of this EWS make sure the computer you are using to view this page is connected to the same network as the printer.

I hope this makes sense to you because this is not the normal way one should remove web services.  In fact, it can be quite difficult.  Keep me posted! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.