Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have three P1102w printers. I have no problem with wireless print from notepad, but airprint become very slow after 10 pages of PDF files from ipad mini. Onece it happen, I need to restart printer and router(airport express). I update firmware to 20130703. It solved this problem with two printers, but one printer still have the same issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi acwlai,

Thank you for providing that information.

The printer should be at least 4-6  feet from the router.

Power cycle the printer, router and Ipad mini.

If you are still having issues you can reset the network on the Ipad mini.

Go to settings, reset network settings, then reconnect to the network again.

Try printing.

I would recommend to call HP Tech Support for further assistance if you continue to have this problem.

Contact HP Worldwide.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi acwlai,

I understand when you are printing from the Ipad mini, the printer is printing slow.

You updated the firmware and  two printers are now working correctly but one printer is still having the same issue.

I will be happy to help you.

I would setup a static IP address for the printer to see if that will make a difference.

Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection.

Go to Solution four: Assign your printer a static IP address.

Set these to the following settings:

Preferred DNS Address: 8.8.8.8.
Alternate DNS Address: 8.8.4.4.

Restart the Ipad mini and turn the Wi-Fi off and on again.
Open the settings App.
Open Wi-Fi.
Turn Wi-Fi off and then on again.
Connect to the proper network name.

Try printing now.

Please let me know if you require any additional assistance.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a great day.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I followed your instruction,  but the problem still exists.  When the printer go to the slow mode,  the green ready light is blinking.  That means it is processing the data, but I have to wait for a few minutes to get the printout.

HP Recommended

Hi acwlai,

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector)

PDF documents are huge when printing. Try printing the PDF in smaller page amounts to see if it will print successfully.

I would reset the Ipad mini, by pressing the home and power.

Update the Ipad mini.

Please explain in detail so I can help you better.

What order are you printing from the Ipad mini? (printer 1 then 2 then 3, or just using the one printer)

Is the Ipad mini being used on all 3 printers?

Can you print the same PDF on the other 2 Laserjets?

Where are the printers located? (home, office, different rooms)

How far is the router from all 3 printers?

Is there anything between the router and the printer? (wall, portable phone, microwave, filing cabinet)

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

What order are you printing from the Ipad mini? (printer 1 then 2 then 3, or just using the one printer)

A: Just use one printer at a time.

Is the Ipad mini being used on all 3 printers?

A: Yes.

Can you print the same PDF on the other 2 Laserjets?

A: Yes.

Where are the printers located? (home, office, different rooms)

A: the same room in office

How far is the router from all 3 printers?

A: 1-2 foot

Is there anything between the router and the printer? (wall, portable phone, microwave, filing cabinet)

A: No

I try use Notes and Photos on ipad mini to print and I get the same issue.

I have no problem from Window notepad wireless printing.

I have no problem from ipad to HP Pro 200 Color laser printer and 2 other P1102w printers.

HP Recommended

Hi acwlai,

Thank you for providing that information.

The printer should be at least 4-6  feet from the router.

Power cycle the printer, router and Ipad mini.

If you are still having issues you can reset the network on the Ipad mini.

Go to settings, reset network settings, then reconnect to the network again.

Try printing.

I would recommend to call HP Tech Support for further assistance if you continue to have this problem.

Contact HP Worldwide.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
I contact hp tech support, they agree to replace a new printer since I have 3 printers and this is the only one with this issue.
HP Recommended

*** READ THIS ***

If you get slow airprint from IOS on the HP P1102W AFTER you went through ALL the airprint troubleshooting with HP support, TRY THIS

One of HP's experienced, capable and helpful HP technicians (not all are all 3!) suggested this to me and it fixed my issue straight way.

Try changing the bonjour name of the printer to something simple and NOT "HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w"*.

As a try-out I changed it to my (real) first name and suddenly everything worked.

To do this you log into the printer on a web browswer at at http://<insert ip address of your printer here > and select >Networking>Bonjour from the menus. Easy. Press apply.

I think I powercycled the printer after I made the change to be sure it rejoined the show under its new name.

Note. I did not go onto the Mac and PC to change the the Windows printer name or the Mac printer name - just the Bonjour name.

Before this tweak and after all the troubleshooting HP could throw at me over the space of an number of phone calls,  I always 4-5 minute waits to airprint a simple sheet (like Google home page) from IOS to this printer.

After this simple change there was no delay.

Hope this helps someone.

Interestingly, my 5500 series inkjet never gave this airprint issue on any device and wireless printing from PC to Mac (Bonjour or not) to the HP P1102W never gave an issue either, just IOS to HP P1102w.

HP Recommended

@BrianCoat wrote:

*** READ THIS ***

If you get slow airprint from IOS on the HP P1102W AFTER you went through ALL the airprint troubleshooting with HP support, TRY THIS

One of HP's experienced, capable and helpful HP technicians (not all are all 3!) suggested this to me and it fixed my issue straight way.

Try changing the bonjour name of the printer to something simple and NOT "HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w"*.

As a try-out I changed it to my (real) first name and suddenly everything worked.

To do this you log into the printer on a web browswer at at http://<insert ip address of your printer here > and select >Networking>Bonjour from the menus. Easy. Press apply.

I think I powercycled the printer after I made the change to be sure it rejoined the show under its new name.

Note. I did not go onto the Mac and PC to change the the Windows printer name or the Mac printer name - just the Bonjour name.

Before this tweak and after all the troubleshooting HP could throw at me over the space of an number of phone calls,  I always 4-5 minute waits to airprint a simple sheet (like Google home page) from IOS to this printer.

After this simple change there was no delay.

Hope this helps someone.

Interestingly, my 5500 series inkjet never gave this airprint issue on any device and wireless printing from PC to Mac (Bonjour or not) to the HP P1102W never gave an issue either, just IOS to HP P1102w.

Thanks BrianCoat, that's a great tip, it really fixes the delay of my P1102W after changing the bonjour name.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.