Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy 4520
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I have a hp envy 4520. I want to print without using the wireless direct from my laptop. I always have to disconnect from my home wifi network and use the envy network from wireless direct in order to print. Is there a way to print from my laptop using my local network or do i have to use the wireless direct in order to print. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try removing the printer and then re-adding it by opening the preferences tab and then selecting "printers & scanners".

From there, click the minus sign under the printer icon to remove the printer and then re-add it using the plus sign.

Thismay help resolve your connectivity issue.

Printer Utility.JPG

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, if you turn off the wifi direct feature (make sure to turn the wifi direct feature off) and connect both your mac and printer to your home network, you'll be able to print wirelessley over your home wifi network while maintaining an internet connection to your mac and printer.

"

HP Recommended
I've tried that and it doesn't work. I get a message that says printer not found or not working on the printer queue. When I tried to look for the printer I always have be connected to the wireless direct either to find the printer and print documents. The printer is connected to my home wifi and my laptop is too just that it doesn't want to print through the home network
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try removing the printer and then re-adding it by opening the preferences tab and then selecting "printers & scanners".

From there, click the minus sign under the printer icon to remove the printer and then re-add it using the plus sign.

Thismay help resolve your connectivity issue.

Printer Utility.JPG

"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.