Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 8720 is new 

it works fine connected to my computer by the usb cable

the wifii shows the blue light on and it is NOT flashing 

it shows the IP address 

but i cannot connect thru the wifii in my home 

i am totally confused

i have spent countless hours with support, rebooted the router in the house. Unplugged the printer check over and over again and the connection shows connected to the router yet i cannot bring up the printe on the wifii network either on my computer or on my Iphone or Ipda

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm sorry to see wireless issues with your new printer. Have you followed the steps to connect your printer with the wireless setup wizard?

If your printer disconnects from your wireless network, if you changed your Internet service provider, or you purchased a new router, use the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer to reconnect. You do not need to reinstall the driver to complete the wireless setup.
  1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Wireless icon .
  2. Touch the Setup icon .
  3. Touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
    Figure : Wireless Settings display
    Image: Wireless Settings display
  4. Touch the name of your network in the list of available networks, and then touch OK.
    Figure : Example of network names
    Image: Network names
  5. If the list does not contain your network name, touch Enter New Network Name, and then follow the on-screen instructions to enter your network name.
  6. If prompted, type the WEP or WPA key (network password), and then touch Done.
    A summary screen displays. Touch OK to return to the home screen.
     NOTE:
    If a connection error message displays, make sure you typed the uppercase (capital) and lowercase (small) letters for the network name and password exactly. Follow the prompts to type the information again.

-- ReverseTalk
I work on behalf of HP.
Click the thumbs up + button to thank me. Mark Accepted Solution if I solved your inquiry.
HP Recommended

If you have already tried using the wireless setup wizard, then perhaps start troubleshooting with this document:

Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows)

-- ReverseTalk
I work on behalf of HP.
Click the thumbs up + button to thank me. Mark Accepted Solution if I solved your inquiry.
HP Recommended

i have tried all of these things thru the support i had on the phone 

they dont seem to work 

the network shows connected but the printer does not show up

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for choosing HP product. Understand that you experience wireless connection problem.

Have you try specific HP support document for Printer Offline issues:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05083107

Hope this help and appreciate for your feedback.

Thanks.

Although I am HP Employee andI am speaking for myself
>> "Marking" this as RESOLVE, If my post help RESOLVE your issue and help others
>> Click THUMB UP icon if you appreciate the "REPLY"
HP Recommended

Hello, 

May i know the  wireless Router manufacturer and model # to assist you better.

These days, router have dual band (5GHz and 2.4GHz) and the SSID for both are same. 

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.