Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OS X

I want to delete my user account.  I've seen several posts that are responded to with "sorry you can't" but i've also seen where someone did get theirs deleted.  I do not need this account as i figured out the issue on my own and that was the onlly reason i was on here.  Please let me know what i need to do to delete my account.  It's of no use to me or to HP for there to be an inactive account just sitting around.

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

It may help knowing which accout you refer to, there are many different accounts for different services.

Is it a user account on your Mac? an account of any specific HP service?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

1.  Clicking on the gear icon on the Metro screen.

2. Now scroll down and click on More settings tab.

3. Click on Add or remove user accounts under User accounts and Family Safety category

4. Click on the user you would like to delete/remove

5. Click on Delete the account tab. located to the left

6. The following window prompts you weather to keep or delete files in User’s document.

If you don’t want to keep the files, they will be saved on the admin desktop and all files will be kept in a folder with the user name which you are intended to delete/remove.

7. Click on “Delete Account” button to complete the process.

Sent that the your account delete request for hp forum admin

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.