Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Doesn't works. I did everything it  says. Setup a static IP Addreess, use Google DNS servers, etc. Still cannot connect to the internet.

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions given by Printdoc in this post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/Photosmart-6510-quot-the-printer-was-un...

But, when I try to use any apps, i get a server connection error still. any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you

HP Recommended

i have tried removing and enable the web services, but still can't add apps. what to do next?

HP Recommended

Same problem here. My LaserJet Pro 400 M401dn will absolutely not print anything through Eprint. Normal print through the company LAN works fine. I have cancelled every pending job, disabled and enabled the eprint, reset the machine to factory defaults, unplugged the printer etc.

Why on earth does HP not provide a purge and restart the eprint queue-button in the eprint control panel? That should do the trick. This system where the customer needs to unplug the machine, disable/enable different services etc. should have been left in the nineties. In 2012 the print queue should work automatically (i.e. purge the non-printable jobs and restart the print queue.), or at least the customer should be able to do a software reset.

HP Recommended

More fun...

I reset the web services. And eprint started to work no problem at all. Byt now I can't get the original eprint email re-assigned to the printer. This is beyond ridiculous. I do understand the e-mail addresses need to be protected, but the e-mail should be assigned to user accounts, not specific printers.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I bought a new Photosmart 7510 c311b printer. 

I have connected the printer over wi-fi to my computer and have taken a few printouts. 

When I try connecting to webservices for registering for eprint, it says " Unable to connect to Web Services. Confirm Internet access and try again"

I have tried making the IP address manual, instead of dynamic, as suggested by one of your posts, but this still doesnt seem to help. 

Would appreciate if someone could help. 

rgds, 

Badri

HP Recommended

@J_Heikkinen wrote:

More fun...

I reset the web services. And eprint started to work no problem at all. Byt now I can't get the original eprint email re-assigned to the printer. This is beyond ridiculous. I do understand the e-mail addresses need to be protected, but the e-mail should be assigned to user accounts, not specific printers.

It's been two months for me and my All-In-One Photosmart 5510 b11a hasn't worked dependably except for maybe an hour last week. There's so much complexity that I wish I'd shopped more carefully. I had all I could take fighting, cussing at it, calling tech support with a legacy Lexmark wifi printer that this one was to replace. I didn't want an ePrinter, just a USB printer so bought this by mistake. I'm not happy with my HP Pavilion dm4 laptop Win7, 8GB Intel i5 CPU M430 2.27GHz 64 bit .5TB and the HP framework is very difficult! Plus, the internal speakers don't work. It's an *entertainment* laptop for crying out loud!

Friday I could take no more. Calling tech support I got right through, told my story, and had a MAC tech. A PC tech was with me in no-time and I repeated my angst. I was on business so this couldn't be solved in one call. We hacked it for six hours resulting in a third tech, who also got an earfull, who emailed me the solution containing concise, specific instructions. It appears the main factors in my situation are:

1. Changing hotels, DHCP-assigned IP adresses and cement block walls with poor wifi signals;
  2. Unintelligible conversations with tech support on my PDA;
  3. Poor signals for my pocket hotspot router to hit the cell sites;
  4. Failing to deploy the ePrinter in a stable network environment;
  5. Failing to install the ePrinter drivers and applications in the correct order and using administrator log-in;
  6. Failing to remove every trace of the installation from the drive; AND
  7. Failing to remove every trace of the installation from the registry before a clean reinstall.

I've received many voicemails from HP staying on the problem but I haven't always been available. Now, three more days later I may have it installed before they call again.

I'm tired of typing but I won't leave you hanging, much:

1. Leave the printer's USB cable unplugged before doing anything else;
  2. Ensure your pc and printer share the same LAN with an internet connection;
  3. Grab a letter-sized notepad and draw your network topology with current IP public and private addresses, subnets, DNS, gateway, etc.;
  4. Log-in as admin, insert the CD and if it doesn't auto-play setup.exe, help it to launch it;
  5. Follow the instructions on the display.

I'll try to get back soon for another installment of woes... and most exciting of all, the registry mod's!

Thanks!

p.s. J_Heikkinen: If the email address you used ended in a botched ePrint printer assignment, it's locked for six-months before their servers will release it for use because of "security."

HP Recommended

@wabenzer wrote:

p.s. J_Heikkinen: If the email address you used ended in a botched ePrint printer assignment, it's locked for six-months before their servers will release it for use because of "security."

Yep. That's what I found out, too. And if that makes any sense, I sure do not know what. This is bassackwards beyond belief. Why does HP build such a useful system, and then let it down with a couple of completely stupid little things.

HP Recommended

well I can live without ePrint but I think this is a reason to change the printer with a new one (warranty).

Am I right?

HP Recommended

Well, all the drivers are installing except one. Here is an errored driver in Device Mangler: mf\photosmart_5510_series&wsd&ip_print  ...hmmm looks familiar... 

Yes it is familiar. I must have reinstalled these drivers 30-40 times. Do you think they would quit with these pop-ups wanting me to complete a survey every time I blink? Hell no! Why doesn't your pile email YOUR tech department with it's problems and reply to me with a solution? With all this technology ... well, somewhere around here, it seems prudent to assemble a team to dumb-it-up and get this printer do do some work for us!

Anyway, out of the at least six printer drivers that it searches for in Windows, then checks Win Update (which never works), then searches pre-configured driver folders, then installs the drivers. One fails every time: "HPPhotosmart 5510 Series Printer" not "HP Photosm....." but "HPPhotosmar...."

Maybe others are having the same experience. This is apparently the driver responsible for USB cable printing.

Thanks - and see the attachment 🙂HP Photosmart 5510 Device Driver bad.PNG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.