Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am attempting to get to eprint apps and I am not having any success. 

Can you help me with this?

Thank You,

HP Recommended
@Schooter
What printer do you have? What error message are you getting when you try to open app? Have you setup ePrint?
HP Recommended

hello

Since yesterday night, i have been trying to setup HP ePrint (via webapps), but each time and no matter what I do, I keep having the same error message 

Cannot connect to the server.

Check the Internet connection and try again. Or contact your system administrator or the person who set up the printer.
If your network requires a proxy server address to connect to Internet, click Enter Proxy or check your browser settings.

One thing is certain; I Do Not use a proxy server

I have an Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-one

My printer is connected to my PC (and any other pc) through my wireless router and so the printer has been set up as a network printer

No usb cable was coonected at any time, nor lan cable either

I have installed the latest drivers/software from the HP website, the latest firmware, the latest ePrint software, but each and every time i keep hittihng on the same wall....

I am not using a proxy

My printer has network access, wich can be verified by the fact that i can print from 2 PCs in my network

My printer has a network IP from my router

What do i have to do in order to make this thing work?

I have tried to set it up through network (open browser, go to printer's adress-local ip)

I have also tried to set it up from the printer itself through its screen

No success in any case what so ever and the same message keeps poping up everytime

I have also made sure that all HP related programs/apps, are allowed to connect to the internet through windows firewall

My wireless router is the TP-link TD-W8960N

I can provide you any addittional information that you may need

I use Windows 7 SP1 64bit Pro Eng

thanks in advance for the help

HP Recommended

@merysf

I understand what's going on now. Follow these steps.

1. Open a internet browser type printer's IP address.
2. Should bring you to the printer's status page.
3. Select network tab at the top.
4. Left hand side select IPv4 under wireless.
5. Under DNS addressConfiguration select Manual DNS Server.
6. For Preferred enter 8.8.8.8
7. For Alternate enter 8.8.4.4
8. Select apply. You might get a warning saying this could interrupt connection that's fine.
9. Turn printer off for about 30 seconds then try again to access apps.

Let me know how it goes.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much

Thi solved the issue

HP Recommended

I too am having the same connectivity issue on my Officejet 6700  when trying to connect to an "app":

Connection Error

The printer was unable to connect to the server.  Check your internet connection and try again.

Would you like to retry?

The printer is connected wirelessly, and eprint works- it will print an attachment sent to it.

I can not connect to any apps.  It connects to the HP Ecenter ok, since it shows an app that

I added on the web.  But once I try launching the app, it fails.

I tried manually setting the DNS under IPv4 (the 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4) suggested above but that didn't help.

Also tried manually opening up the 5222/5223 ports on the wireless router, but that didn't help either.

Any suggestions on how to get this working?  Why doesn't this just work out of the box??

HP Recommended

Hi vincelight,

Here are a couple of things to try:

Do a hard power cycle: Turn off printer, unplug printer (at socket or at rear of printer), wait 20 seconds, plug it in, turn it on, wait 5 minutes. This may fix your connection error.

If it didn't fix it, you can use the steps below to disable then re-enable web services which should fix the connection error.

If you have an eprintcenter.com account, it will remove your printer from your account but will also print a page with a new printer code to re-add your printer.

If you customized your printer's email address, it also wipes that out. You can re-customize after adding the printer, but you will not be able to create exactly the same customized address that you had before.

It will also remove any subscriptions to apps that you had in place.

Officejet 6700:

1. On the main screen, upper left, press the “page with blue circles” icon.
  2. Web Services Summary opens. At the bottom left, press Settings.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom. Press Remove Web Services. Press Yes.
  4. mPress the Apps icon and follow the prompts to Enable Web Services. It may ask about checking for updates-Yes. (Web Services have been enabled, etc.—OK.)
  5. Get Started… page prints. It has the printer code needed to add your printer to your ePrintCenter.com account (optional).

○    After disable and re-enable of Web Services all Scheduled Deliverys are removed.

JamieAtHP

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Up until today, I was able to print web pagers from my iphone to my eprinter.  Now, while I can print emails, I can no longer print web pages.  I have deactivated and reactivated the mobile app.  Printer is online and wirelessly connected.  I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the HP eprint control center but it never finds my printer.  Just to reinterate, I CAN print emails, but can no longer print from a web page.......

HP Recommended

Additional info in regards to previous post.  I can print a web page but ONLY IF, I print it from the eprint app on my phone.  If I open Safari or Yahoo on my phone, and select print, it will not print....

HP Recommended

Are you trying to print on the same network as the printer or from another location?  You really shouldn't have too many problems printing from an iPhone if you are using the Airprint feature.  Just make sure your bluetooth is off.

I would either take a screen shot of the web page I am trying to print or save that page as a .pdf first and then forward the page to the printer via email (not using an app) if I was not on the same network as the printer.  I also found my 3G/4G actually worked better and faster than using the WIFI at home when trying to print something like a webpage.

Can you print photos using Airprint? Airprint is when you select the word "Print" which is what you said you were doing but after you press print what happens? Does it say it's printing or rendering a preview or does anything happen at all (like the print button is grayed out and no response or error message)?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.