Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi, I have just set up my ipad air 4 to print with HP2540. When I printed out an e mail Half the mail printed and the rest of the page came out completely black. Hope you can help. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.  I've inclued some troubleshhoting tips for apple's airprint here.

Things to check would be that the correct paper size is selected. It might be worth trying another type of print to check that printer is printing ok.

If you still have problems, you could try downloading the HP e-print app and print from that. I've inclued a link here with some information on the e-print app.

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
Hi, thanks. Tried with the E print app, chose e mail but it wont verify when I add my bt mail account. I can print perfectly from notes and attachments, it is just the body text of an e mail. It seems to print as a screen print, with the folders on the left and half the body of the text. Anything below that prints out as a complete page of black.
HP Recommended

Hi,

It sounds like it might be a problem with your mail account. I've included a few threads here that cover issues with BT mail accounts and e-print.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile-Printing-and-ePrintCenter/Cannot-add-BT-Intern...

I've also included some infomation here on FAQ's around e-print that might be of some help. .

"

HP Recommended
Hi there, thank you for your reply. The answers on the link were for yahoo.mail from bt, I have been moved to bt mail. I went into the e print app and tried to add new e mail. I used the settings on my account: mail.btinternet.com, port 995, ssl on. the only thing I am not sure of is on my i pad it uses i map not pop3. I have tried both and it still will not verify. am going to apple genius on weds. Bt cannot help as they dont support i pad or hp. It really is a nuisance as I only got the i pad for e mails and cannot print out receipts from companies. Thank you for your patience.
HP Recommended

Sorry I coundn't be of more help - Please do let me know if you find a fix through Apple Genius.

"

HP Recommended
Hi there, the problem was with bt mail. Apple gave me a work around, added a gmail e mail account and downloaded the Pages app. If i want to select all or part of the mail I forward to my gmail account, copy it and paste into pages. Ok for the small amount of printing I need. Am not switching to gmail though as they have no way of dealing with contacts and though you can print from it, my printer isn't supported. Thanks for your help
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.