Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP officejet 8699 N911
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have the officejet printer all-in-one 8600n911. I use it wirelessly with window 8.1.  I bought it expressly to reduce or enlarge printing.  But when checking, I can not remove the check mark where it notes page is 100%. 

when I print something, it comes out to small to read comfortabley.  How can I enlarge or reduce as needed?  I have eyesight problems and the feature is desparately needed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @Peppatti

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  :robothappy:  

I understand you'd like to get a better sense of how to reduce and enlarge printing using your HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer.  I would like to assist you with this.

Just to clarify, where are you seeing the check mark indicating page size - from the printer's front panel or in Windows?  

If you're printing text documents on your PC, the best way to increase or reduce the size of your printout is by adjusting the font size.  If you're printing other content, please let me know what software you typically use or whether you're looking to make adjustments when copying from your printer's front panel and I'll respond with instructions accordingly.  

Thank you!  

Regards, 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey @Peppatti

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  :robothappy:  

I understand you'd like to get a better sense of how to reduce and enlarge printing using your HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer.  I would like to assist you with this.

Just to clarify, where are you seeing the check mark indicating page size - from the printer's front panel or in Windows?  

If you're printing text documents on your PC, the best way to increase or reduce the size of your printout is by adjusting the font size.  If you're printing other content, please let me know what software you typically use or whether you're looking to make adjustments when copying from your printer's front panel and I'll respond with instructions accordingly.  

Thank you!  

Regards, 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I am using settings on the printer.  I tried from windows but it is not listed.   I have had other smaller printers and they give me a range of increments of 1% up or down.  I can not do anything from the printer.  Once I open settings and go to reduce/enlarge, it opens up a picture of a document is 100% and checked off.  I can not remove the check mark to reduce or enlarge to my desired size.

HP Recommended

I tried to use a recipe format that i have used without problems with windows xp, but it won't work on windows 8.1.

When I select a recipe on allrecipes.com,  I click on print.  It asks me size, such as s, m, l .  Then format - post card or recipe card size 4x6, letter size,  or full page.  When I click on 4x6, large font,  it prints in small which is tiny font and the whole card is about 3 x 5 or smaller.  I never had a problems before until I got window 8 and 8.1.   There are other documents that I sometimes need to enlarge in my office word or from internet and it won't let me do so.  Can you help me?

HP Recommended

Hi @Peppatti

Thanks for getting back to me.  With respect to your queries, it's all about knowing how to configure the right software settings.  I do have a few suggestions that might help you get a more consistent ouput from your printer.  

I had a look at allrecipes.com and do see that you can upgrade the size to XL and Full Page if necessary.  See below: 

allrecipes configure.png

If the recipes aren't printing out in the sizes as advertised on the website that has nothing to do with your printer or its software settings - it's a third party issue.  Having said that, I do have a suggestion beyond this that may help.  If you have a recipe open on your PC or any other web content that you cannot explicitly save to your computer, you can try taking a screenshot to adjust for size.  Here's how:

• With the recipe or web content open, on your keyboard hold down your Alt key and press Print Scrn.          
  • Open Paint. 
  • Press Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot in Paint.
  • Within paint you can select the portion of the page you want to print by clicking Select, highlighting the area with your mouse and clicking Crop as indicated below: 

Screenshot.png

Additionally, as you mentioned issues using Word, click here for steps on how to adjust the font size.  In essence, you simply need to highlight the text you want to print, and increase the font size.  Also, some versions of Adobe Reader will allow you to increase the text and image size of documents.  You can click here to review an article from Adobe that presents suggestions for increasing text size in printouts.    

If you're working with a document that you cannot open in Word or Adobe Reader, I suggest you try the screenshot method as described above and increase the size in that fashion.  

I also recommend you review the following article from Microsoft on printing from webpages: 

Printing webpages: frequently asked questions

While it is geared towards Windows 7 users, you'll find that the settings are essentially the same in Windows 8 and up.  

I hope this helps.  Thanks again for posting in the HP Support Forum and have a good one.  

Regards, 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.