Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Premium c410b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For a few months now, when I turn on the printer it reports a connection issue "Connecting to Server".

I finally decided to check what the problem is.

I checked ePrint which I have not used for some time.

When I press ePrint -> Display Email Address, it errors with "There is a problem connecting to the server"

The same error when I try  "turn eprint off", so It fails.

I can't resolve this.

I have not registered the printer with HP connected, but have tried and failed because I can't get a claim code.

I have tryed changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 for google instead of our Router DNS, not change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @KristianW,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting a message on your printer saying "Connecting to Server". 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Are you able to make the message go away if you press any button on the printer?

Have you tried to make a copy on the printer?

Have you changed the router or your ISP provider recently?

Recommend you to run HP Print and Scan doctor to check if it can automatically resolve the issue. 

If the issue persists, please connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable. 

Download the firmware update if available on www.hp.com/drivers and install it on your printer. 

Please click here for assistance in using HP Print and Scan doctor. 

Print a self-test page on the printer and evaluate a Wireless Network Test Results page. Refer to Step 4 in this article

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Additional information:

Serial Number: [Personal Information Removed]

Product code: CQ521B

Firmware VAx2FN1121AR

HP Recommended

Greetings @KristianW,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting a message on your printer saying "Connecting to Server". 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Are you able to make the message go away if you press any button on the printer?

Have you tried to make a copy on the printer?

Have you changed the router or your ISP provider recently?

Recommend you to run HP Print and Scan doctor to check if it can automatically resolve the issue. 

If the issue persists, please connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable. 

Download the firmware update if available on www.hp.com/drivers and install it on your printer. 

Please click here for assistance in using HP Print and Scan doctor. 

Print a self-test page on the printer and evaluate a Wireless Network Test Results page. Refer to Step 4 in this article

Keep me posted. 

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Answers:

- The error message does go away, but each time I attempted to use ePrint the error was displayed.

- Yes, normal Printing, Scanning and copying all work.

- Yes, I changed the Router about the 6 months ago and I probably have not used the ePrint Service during this time.

Actions:

- I ran the "HP Print and Scan Doctor" and followed the print diagnostic steps. 

Once complete, the ePrint had been disabled on the printer, which I was not able to do manually via the Printer controls.

- I then looked through more menus (on the printer) and found "firmware update".

It reported a new version, which I performed (as this would be the same as your suggestion of using the USB cable to update).

Once the firmware update was complete, the ePrint worked and my ePrint details were printed.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Problem FIXED.

Regards

Kris

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved. Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.