Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
This is dmckinney.

I have the HP 5520. Using the eprint app, it will not print in full duplex mode from the tablet. However, I loaded an app named PrinterShare, which costs $12.95, and I can now print both sides of the paper automatically.
HP Recommended

@malaki86

Great glad you found a solution.

HP Recommended

I have a Samsung GT-P5100 tab 2- 10.1" tablet.

I'd like to print to a HP Laserjet 5000 which is not web-enabled (no direct eprint support)

However I can print wirelessly using the IP addess of my hub and having made the printer sharable.

For a wireless operation (using a laptop computer)  I input the IP address at the Run command  and am instantly conencted to my Laserjet 5000 printer

I downloaded and activated the eprint app v2.1.1 to my Samsung device.

BUT it cannot find my printer!

Using the Add Printer option I'm asked for thre email address of the printer - I do not have one.

There are several posts relating to an earlier version of ePrint which allowed older HP printers to be used, but this option appears to have been omitted from v2.1.1

Please advise

regards

Tony

HP Recommended

Hi Tony,

The printer that you have listed isn't an ePrint capable printer.  The ePrint app is not supported for your printer.  

Hope this helps!  

Sorry :Crying:

**If you find this helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos. **

HP Recommended

garytech1 wrote:  The printer that you have listed isn't an ePrint capable printer.  The ePrint app is not supported for your printer.  Hope this helps!  Sorry :Crying:

Hi Garytech1

Many thanks for your speedy reply which confirms my observations and fears.

However, is there a tweak, nonHP app, or earlier form of your ePrint app that would accept the IP address of my Laserjet 5000 as a connection link???

I realise that this is a dedicated HP forum, but if I don't ask I might miss the solution to my problem.

regards and thanks

Tony

**If you find this helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos. **

HP Recommended

HI Tony,

I understand that you're trying to print to your printer.  With my time on the ePrint forums some users have stated success with using the printer share app.  The printer share app does cost around $10 bucks.  I have never used the app at all and cannot guarantee that it will work with your printer.  I will link you to the app below.  Let me know how it goes.

Printer Share App

HP Recommended

I have a new samsung galaxy tab 10.1 how do I print ?

HP Recommended
I have a samsung galaxy tab 2 7 inch I am trying to connect my hp printer 3050 j610 to it. I do not have wifi just data. The app from google play stor will not downloaf. Thanks for any help you csn porvide
HP Recommended

@angelv wrote:

I have a samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and i recently bought a HP Photosmart 6510 printer. Both are in the wireless network but I can't print from my tablet. Anyone has suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi Bible66,

I understand that you're trying to print from your Galaxy tab.  I have a couple of questions for you.  

Have you setup ePrint on your printer?

What error message are you getting?

Have you tried the ePrint mobile app?

Hp ePrint app

Let me know how it goes.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.