Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

How do i get my printer back online

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have a HP8600 Pro and just recently it started showing "offline".  I tried a lot of different things.  The post that suggested unplugging the printer while it was on as well as turning off the rounter and leaving them off for 30 seconds ACTUALLY WORKED!  Thank you so much.  Tis the season of miracles.

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
HP Recommended

Hello mncndrsn,

If you printer is showing offline in ePrintCenter here are some steps to re-establish a connection to the ePrint Servers:

While the printer is still on, unplug the power cord from the printer, leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cord to the printer. Once plugged back in the printer should power on automatically.

If this does not resolve your issue then try this as well:

First, unplug the printers power cord while it is still on. Leave it unplugged and walk to the router. While the router is still on, unplug the power cord from the router, leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cord to the router. Once plugged back in the router should power on automatically. Now go back to the printer and plug its power cord back in. Once plugged back in the printer should power on automatically.

Feel free to reply back to this post if you are still experiencing issues.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

I tried both of your suggestions. My HP C6180 is still offline

HP Recommended

Thanks so so much!! It worked to unplug my router and printer..  It is back on line THANKS

HP Recommended

I tried the suggested unplugging and plugging back in which did not work...ugh

HP Recommended
It did not work
HP Recommended

this did not put my printer back online.  Last week my internet provider accidentally cancelled internet, along with TV and now printer is offline. HP 2510 photosmart  HELP

HP Recommended

how do i get my hp printer back on line

HP Recommended

Hello joev1946,

Please let me take a moment to say "Welcome" to the HP Forums.

I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see that you are having issues with getting your printer on line.

So I can better assist you, please respond with which Operating System you are running.

Which Windows Operating System am I running?

Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

How Do I Find My Model Number?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your time.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am using Windows 8.1 with a HP office jet 4630 all-in-one....... I frequently have my printer go "OFFLINE" even though my other online devices continue to function properly. I can normally get back online by recycling the modem but this requires shutting down my work laptop........  What am I doing to cause this?  and what can I do to prevent it in the future?

Thanks for any help you can give

webegebe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.