Question

Student
Message 1 of 8 (13,074 Views)

how do i put my printer online?

OK, I feel really stupid having to ask such a stupid question, but I have been trying to print for an hour and a half and I am literally about to cry. I am not usually so helpless in tech matters! I am using my iPad (1) and trying to print from Safari. My printer was working fine and I printed a document which got a little crooked because hubby left a hat in front of the printer. I went over to printer to get the document, saw the problem, removed the hat. But, I saw on the little screen that there was an update and told it to go ahead and update. When it came back after the update, and I tried to print something Safari says the printer is offline. However, when I went to the printer to turn it online, I can't figure out how. The printer "help" files are so basic I think they are aimed at a four year old and exhaustive searching will not tell me how to something so freaking basic! What button do I push, what program or app do I need, what yoga position do I need to be in, and what do I need to sacrifice to Beelzubub to accomplish something that should be simple?
Provost
Message 2 of 8 (13,071 Views)

Re: how do i put my printer online?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Please follow instructions/tips from this link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02221706

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
Message 3 of 8 (8,081 Views)

Go into the control that shows your printer. It will show your printer offline with a line under it. Click on the offline

but be firm. A quick jab! My printer was offline for 2 weeks and this fixed it. A love tap doesn't work. Show it who is boss.

Top Student
Message 4 of 8 (4,636 Views)

How do I change my printer from offline to online?

HP Support Agent
Message 5 of 8 (4,601 Views)

Hello @dulcinia1,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy I understand your HP Printer is offline and you would like it to be back online so you can use it.

I would like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

If you run the PSDR and are still getting the Printer offline error, I would like you to continue here: 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print

I will watch for your reply, please let me know the outcome.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 6 of 8 (3,546 Views)

My HP all in one officejet printer is offline Again. How do I out it back online?

HP Support Agent
Message 7 of 8 (3,353 Views)

dulcinia1,

Please complete the steps listed in my earlier recommendation. Run the Print and Scan Doctor and proceed with the Printer Offline document.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Student
Message 8 of 8 (2,113 Views)

Not sure who or where the HP smarties are but all I did for this issue was to print a test page in notepad and then print my pdf and it worked. Where is this in the HP help???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation