Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @BUTTERZCJ411 ,

I see by your post that you need to reset the printer. I'd like to help you.

The only information I could find was to restore the network. This information was provided by the manual on page 6.

HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One series.

Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for
5 seconds.

The printer also has Wireless Direct, I believe you can turn it on and off from the button on the printer's display.

Have a great day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks for the info. Worked 1st time for me.
Regards Ken
HP Recommended
Please i want password for hp deskjet 2540 wifi with my regard
HP Recommended

Hi @Sinandubai,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I understand that you would like the password for the printer. I can help you with this.

Since the password isn't available to you, there isn't any other way to unlock the printer unless you reset the printer and configure it back on the network again. That information is available in Message 11. Please give the steps a try. That is the only one available for this model. I would suggest not to use a password when setting up the printer next time, or saving the password for future use.

Please let me know the outcome and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

passwood

HP Recommended

Hi @hafizah,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! Please clarify your issue. I would like to help you.

If you need the password reset, please try the following steps:
Restore the network settings on the printer. This information was provided by the manual on page 6.

HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One series.

Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for
5 seconds.

Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Ik heb me code niet om via me wifi dat ik mijn mobile tel kan gebruiken
HP Recommended

@dome1985

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I do not remember putting a password for the printer but now I can not get it to print from my iPad I have not used it for over a year because of this now I need it urgently 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.