Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a HP5525 All in One. I print via airprint from my iPad quite happily. I have to select the printer on the Wi Fi page of my iPad (HP-Print-BE-Deskjet 5520).

I am trying to link my Wife's iPad to the printer. It is on the same network and the printer appears on the Wi-Fi page of her iPad but when selected it asks for a password. As far as I know there is no password.

Is there a solution or a reset.

Thanks in advance

Pete Price

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Pete,

I think I may have picked you up wrong the first time. There are 2 ways of printing using Airprint.

1) Connect both the printer and your iPad to the same network 

2) Wi-Fi Direct - this uses the printer as the router so you connect your device directly to the printer. In this case you would be asked for the password (this would be to prevent everyone who is in range being able to use your printer). If this is the case and you are using Wi-Fi Direct, you can get your password by following the steps here http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03353113.pdf The part of interest will be point 2 at the top of page 33

Let me know how this goes

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" on the left in the post that helped you.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi Pete,

This is not something which I have come across but I see a similar post also on the thread so there may be something in common between both. Could you let me know what OS version both are running on?

Also, if you would like to try installing the HP ePrint app which is free on the App store, this may be a solution.

HP Recommended
Hi Hogana,

Thanks for your input. Both the iPads are running 7.1.2 (11D257)

I'll try the HP ePrint App but would love to know what the glitch is on airprint!
HP Recommended

HiPete,

Thanksforthat.

I will try to recreate the problem myself on my own printer and feed it back to the relevant people or try find a work around. Your routers password doesn't work by any chance?

HP Recommended
I wish it did! Tried that already. The strange thing is that I used the printer via airprint with my old iPad and now with my new one with no problem. It is my Wife's iPad and also my iPhone that are asked for passwords!

Thanks again, Pete Price.
HP Recommended
Hi Hogana,

I can't see any 'kudos' prompt anywhere?
HP Recommended

Hi Pete,

It's the purple icon with the thumbs up. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Pete,

I think I may have picked you up wrong the first time. There are 2 ways of printing using Airprint.

1) Connect both the printer and your iPad to the same network 

2) Wi-Fi Direct - this uses the printer as the router so you connect your device directly to the printer. In this case you would be asked for the password (this would be to prevent everyone who is in range being able to use your printer). If this is the case and you are using Wi-Fi Direct, you can get your password by following the steps here http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03353113.pdf The part of interest will be point 2 at the top of page 33

Let me know how this goes

HP Recommended
Solved. Absolutely brilliant. Kudos to the Max! I'm not a true techie but I feel that should have been a little less obscure.

My sincere gratitude.

All the best,

Pete Price.
HP Recommended

Glad to be of help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.