Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5530
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I have had an instant ink subscription since I bought the machine. Both the color cartridge and black cartridge were sent to me months ago but I haven't gotten a low ink indicator yet. But I'm finally starting to get some bad pages. The test pages don't seem to show cyan. I've cleaned the printheads (both stages). Given how long I've gone with my welcome kit (shipped Aug 2014) I wouldn't be surprised if changing the cartridge woudn't solve the problem. But I haven't been instructed to do so.   I just came across this expert help program so I thought I'd give it a try, or I could go to the instant ink help....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP has published a document for solving print quality issue with your printer model.

It might help to resolve youre issue

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-5500-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5304881/model/5304882/d...

Hope it helps.

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HP has published a document for solving print quality issue with your printer model.

It might help to resolve youre issue

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-5500-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5304881/model/5304882/d...

Hope it helps.

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

HP Recommended

Thanks! I didn't know what response times would be, so I got through to the instant ink support chat, and she said I could replace the cartridge. It looked like I ran out of cyan. I don't know why I didn't get the replace cartridge indication. But all's working fine now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.