Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Same problem here.   Have you come across a solution?

HP Recommended

Yes,

Buy a brand of printer that actually tries to resolve issues like this rather than marketing the feature and ignoring any issues with that feature as raised by (formally) loyal customers.  The issue is over the size of the PDF file that the HPPrint service creates. In order to head off complaints that what results is low quality, their servers create the most enormous, high definition file sizes before forwarding to the printer. Unfortunately the printer itself cannot cope with files of that size and hence the problem.

Best solution: find another printer manufacturer. Not a good result but teh only one that fixes the problem.

HP Recommended

eprint.

slow:  (pdf's "will be slow" )

1: wifi? or 3/4G or wired gigalan connected. 

what connections are you using,  and keep in mind it must go up and down to print.  you >>>cloud>> printer.

PDF files have no limits , in complexity. (edit some  to see?)

first off, a PDF can be as long as 1 page,  full book or  near endless..... huge. (state how big?, in MBytes?)

and second, a PDF can be built up of huge  high resolution photos. (in fact it  can be only that)

what i do, if i need say, one page of a pdf,  is use the MS snap shot tool, and save it as a JPG file.

and then remove all color with photoshop.  or MS Paint (file +properties + B/W) save.

then print in black and white , and not too high resolution. (keep photos sizes small and not more than 100 DPI resolution.

this will allow it to print easy.

or if the PDF is just some text you want to save (not a PDF FORM?)

then cut the words out , and paste it to MS Notepad.  then print from note pad.

PDF's are one of the most complex files there are,,,,  "desk top publishing" is just that... COMplex.....

I have Nitro 8 Pro. editor, this allows me to open a PDF, and export 1 page, or convert a page to say text. or other formats (even JPG or text or word doc)

allowing easy printing.  It can export to  "7 different ways"

and last , all PDF's are subject to the authors PDF rules, pages.  if the author turned off printing , it's off, (see tricks above)

check this first.    keep in mind some PDF are password secure... for some or other usages..

secure

I bought my printer so i can park it for 3 months (go on vacation) then come back and the heads are not clogged.!

this is a win.. Love my printer, now.... it's always ready to print.:heart:

as for printing , I can convert any document , from any other  form to print,  (snap shot does it too)

i will now post the printers spec, pages. limits. (check out signed documents ,etc.)

"

• There is a 10 MB memory limit to the email, including all attachments. The size of the email with all attachments cannot exceed 10 MB. Emails that exceed these limits will not print.
  • PGP encryption, digitally signed documents, macro-enabled spreadsheets and password-protected documents are not supported by ePrint at this time and will not print."

(that last line ,speaks VOLUMES to me)

there are limits.  as is a 300 DPI, limit. (300 dots per inch resolution, ) and more.....

there are more, if you look at this in a general way.

that is, some documents are very complex. PDF are just that.. complex and can be - very hard to print out.

All e-print services have limits, and if you send an elephant to the cloud server, it may fail. :Surprise:

or other limits. 

what if you sent a file too big, or 1000 folks did, you could be causing " Denial of service" to others.:smileymad:

so that is why limits exists, to you can only use a fair share of the resource. (no resource is infinite)

At home you  could print for days. and is limit-less...  (besides ink and paper)

good luck and happy printing....

I am just a HP user,   a retired tech, "electronics" 

PS , first, find true cause of failure, then read the spec, and last point fingers >>> to the guilty.... LOL

now a funny joke,"Im not saying you're guilty but I am blaming you..."  

eg:

why not print locally this file?,  does it work now? (with a USB cable)?

yes/no

if yes, then is your filewas  too big for eprint(etc), "See limits in the spec?"  yes /no. or e-print.....???

if no , fails local the document may have issues, encryption, or security settings...

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

i do agree, if the rules are violated, it should send you and email as to why.

yes, that be nice.

"too big"

"cloud overload" try again later.

"file protection set" "PDF?"

"system down, call back later?"

using wifi

wifi can be very slow, say on a 10mB file>> horrid slow.... but if in star bucks,,, its free and slow.

HP Recommended

keep in mind the e-print server

does not know if.:
1: A PDF of 2 kids in pool"? (just for fun )

2: or 100 pages if IRS 1040 forms (read needs to be perfect)

that means it can NOT autosize , oversized documents, or delete huge 600DPI photos. (or shrink them)

it does not know content , so......

edit

forget to say, this.

the HP cloud server.

and security, 

what if some badguy tried to overload it with 1TB PDF fails.

do you think HP is so niave to allow that,

same guy queuing up a 1 million fails,?

there limits.

and there is the possiblity that the cloud is overloaded,  too bad there is no HP app. that shows server load now.?

do know that many PDFs are huge, some are full of high resolution photos.  huge.

they can take a long time to DL.

or be blocked BY HP for the above security reasons.

what you need is  cloud queue viewer. so you and see,  ( file pending, file paused, fail delelete (too large rule))

just like you can do on local queue in your  PC> (sans the autodelete)

there are always size limits in the REAL WORLD>

and not one post here told that. (size)

and this.

cloud queue

1= text file small, 1kb.

2: elephant PDF,  100mb.+

3= text file.  1mb.

4: photo of GF, 1mb.

you wait for #4 can take a long long time,  and the system may also make you wait your turn,, if system is overloaded

just like when standing in line at the bank.  on pay day.

HP Recommended

Iteresting thoughts.

My issue was a very simple one:

My PDF file was 20 pages of very plain formatted text. The file size as sent was normally less than 200k. Miniscule. By the time it had been through HP's servers and sent to my printer it was many, many times larger than that. yes, we were on the end of a fairly low bandwidth connection but when sending 200k that shouldn't have been an issue.

The problem is with the implementation of a processd that should have been remarkably straightforward. My issue was that despite several attempts to resolve the issue I was 100% stonewalled by HP because they knew there was no easy solution. The 'solution' therefore was to find another supplier whose devices would work. This I have done and have several up and running very nicely. 

MW

HP Recommended

I just bought this HP LaserJet Pro P1102w specifically for it's ePrint capability, but it's painfully slow. I have it connected wirelessly to our home router and it prints fine from a Windows PC, but printing from any iOS/Airprint device or Android/Google Cloud Print device is slow, about 5 minutes. I updated to the latest firmware but that didn't help. All of the so-called fixes I've ready about really don't use ePrint. I need ePrint.

It's disappointing because otherwise it seems to be good printer. I guess I'll have to return it.

HP Recommended

@Gemini02 wrote:

Hi georgeserik

I understand the printer is printing slow over the wireless network but fast when connected by a usb cable.

When the printer is connected to a wireless network, low signal quality or
interference might be delaying print jobs.

Make sure printer is connected directly to a wall outlet.

Restart the router.

I would setup a static ip for the printer. Follow Step six: Assign your HP product a static IP address from the document.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02817031

Let me know if that makes a difference.

How far is the printer from the router?
A firewall might be preventing the HP product from accessing the computer and wireless
network.
A nearby device that emits radio signals (such as a microwave or cordless telephone) might interfere with the wireless connection.
What is in between the printer and the router? (wall, fridge, ceiling)

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Hi Gemini02,

That's something in the default settings causing print delay over the wireless network. Someone mentioned something about "Changing the Bonjour Name of the Printer" to fix the print delay issue.

Changing the bonjour name of the printer to something simple and NOT "HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w"
1. log into the printer on a web browswer at at http://<insert ip address of your printer here >
2. Select >Networking>Bonjour from the menus.
3. Change the Bonjour name to "ANYTHINGYOULIKE" and hit APPLY

Before this tweak, I used to get 4-5 minutes delay. After applying the new bonjour name for the printer, I almost have no print delay at all. 

To be honest, I feel a little bit let down by HP, since this printer was launched in 2012, simple issue like this should really be addressed in FAQs or a firmware update. I have the latest firmware 20150114, but it does not fix the Print Delay.

HP Recommended
atoates solution worked for me on Mac!
 Thanks

Re: p1102w e-print extremely slow[ New ]

Finally! 

After VERY slow printing times for most docs but particularly PDFs with images (property brochures etc) I tried all the tips listed (PrinterShare isn't the way to go - it's a paid service) and finally got to isimilar and savvy2's posts about the different drivers IP etc. and so thought I'd give that idea a go on a Mac (OS 10.10.3)

When setting up initially, it automatically selected AIrPrint as the driver and I didnt think anything of it.... 

This time I had a look and there was one other option as shown below i.e. using the printer driver rather than AirPrint - selecting this has now solved all problems and the printer prints at a reasonable speed. 

From this I think it's safe to say - the problem lies somewhere in the e-Print / AirPrint implementation. I have turned on the e-Print service again so I can print via email in emergencies but don't expect I will be using it much! 

Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 10.08.54.png

HP Recommended

I changed the  bonjour name to xxx and now the p1102w is stuck on  off line.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.