Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
officejet 4620 e-All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, i'm trying to get my "claim code" to put into HP Connected. 

If i push the ePrint logo button. the dispay shows;

An email address xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hpeprint.com

eprint status: connected

eprint: on

there in no option to print an information sheet.

if I enter the "xxxxxxxxxxxxx" value into the Add a Printer box for Claim Code it says;

"The claim window for that has already expired. Click “What is a claim code?” below for instructions on how to print the Web Services information sheet again to re-enable the claim code for another 48 hours."

I don't know what to do next, Any help here??

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Here's a link from the right-side of the page here.  It explains how to get the claim code.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03550536

As you have learned, claim codes are only good for 24 hours!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

@WyreNut wrote:

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Here's a link from the right-side of the page here.  It explains how to get the claim code.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03550536

As you have learned, claim codes are only good for 24 hours!

WyreNut

Please re read my question. All this link does is to tell me ineed to get my claim code from a printeded information sheet, which I can't get. or use the "xxxxxxxxxxxxx" from the eprint email address, which doesn't work.

Please help.

HP Recommended

There are lots of troubleshooting tips on that page I linked to.  It sounds like your account is already set up.

From the link:

What if the email address on the information sheet did not work as the claim code?

If the information page lists your current HP ePrint email address, such as myeprint@hpeprint.com, your HP Connected account is already set up and linked to your printer.
If you purchased or were given a previously owned printer, and the previous owner did not remove Web Services from the printer, the printer might still be associated with the previous owner's account. If you can contact the previous owner, request they remove the printer from their account. If you cannot contact the previous owner, turn off Web Services, and then turn on Web Services to remove any web-connected printer services settings. After you turn on Web Services, an information page prints with a new printer claim code and a new printer email address. Use the new printer claim code to add the printer to your HP Connected account.
For more information about turning off Web Services, review the How do I turn off Web Services section in this document.

If you want to create a new claim code, and disable the previous account, then try this:

I lost my printer claim code. Can I still sign up for the HP Connected?
Yes. You can print another information page with the printer claim code.
  • Printers with a touchscreen or LCD display: Touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
    If your printer control panel does not have an HP ePrint button or icon, navigate to the Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu, depending on your printer model.
  • Printers without a touchscreen or LCD display: Print a Network Configuration or self-test page to obtain the printer IP address, open an Internet browser on your computer, type the printer IP address in the browser address bar, and then press Enter to open the Embedded Web Server (EWS). On the EWS webpage, click the Web Services tab, and then under Web Services Settings, click Print Info Page and follow the on-screen instructions.
Locate the printer claim code:
  • If the information page lists a string of numbers and letters, such as abc234vbn3434, that is the printer claim code.
  • If the information page lists an email, such as abc234vbn3434@hpeprint.com, the printer claim code is the number and characters before @hpeprint.com. For example, abc234vbn3434 would be the printer claim code.
  • If the information page lists your current HP ePrint email address, such as myeprint@hpeprint.com, your HP Connected account is already set up and linked to your printer.
Figure : Example of the printer claim code from the information page
Example of the printer claim code from the information page.

WyreNut
-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.