Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi

May you please send me the instructions how to do a semi-full reset?

I have that same error on the same printer model...

server connection error 403 on photosmart 5520

Thank you

HP Recommended
Hi. Could you please send me the fix for the connection error 403. Restarting the printer or wifi makes no difference. Thanks
HP Recommended

hi there

Please can you send me the instructions to solve this problem.

Many thanks

HP Recommended
The solution for me with this problem was to download the AiO Remote app to my ipad2. You then do the scanning via the app instead of via the printer.

Hope this helps.
Anne
HP Recommended
Thanks that's super! Appreciate your help!

Phil

The Son of God loved me and gave himself for me!
HP Recommended

Dear HP,

The solution to this is driving me mad. In various posts people refer to having to do a semi-hard reset, and yet in ALL posts you refuse to post the actual steps needed for this.

Alternatively you provide a link to customer support. Being outside USA, this link leads to a confusing mess of information with the actual telephone number near to impossible to find.

Could you please email me the info for doing the semi-hard reset OR provide me a direct telephone number to call from Switzerland? Please do not provide a link as the customer support page you have is WAY too complicated to understand. I tried downloading manuals for the 5520 printer with the problem described in posts above, but I can't even download those without a serial number. Inputting all the numbers on the back of the device is not recognised at all. Aaaagh!

A frustrated user!

Philip

PS As an aside the fact that you cannot scan multiple pages into one PDF is absolutely ridiculous!

HP Recommended
Hope this helps. Download the AiO Remote app. You then scan via the app. I am using an ipad2 & found this was the solution. The app is a new one.
HP Recommended

All, DO NOT DO a 'SEMI-FUL-RESET',

I was informed by an HP agent that if you do that, it will VOID your device's warranties.

Keep in mind that a SEMI-FULL RESET' is not the same as a Factory Default Reset settings.

The solution is not by doing a SEMI-FULL RESET. (That should be done, as a 'worst-case' scenario.

Instead, I would like to share how I was able to fix it:

But, before, note the following:

I - Connect your printer directly to a power-outlet, (Avoid extension cords, power protectors, etc.).

II - Scan to Email can only be done when your printer is connected to your WiFi; not via USB, according to HP Support.

III - Reboot your home Modem, and your Home Wireless Router (see your manufacturer’s How-to's)

Having said all of the above; please, see below:

1st, ensure to open HP Utilities program and perform a Update Check.

--If the Update check finds any driver or software updates, go for it, and let the process install/update all.

2nd, WiFi Connectivity - Here you first need to  make sure, your HP printer is able to connect to your home's WiFi; there         --is the chance that your printer may have lost connectivity due to recent WiFi’ s pass-code changes.

--Check on your printer's Blue LED it is solid indicating that it has successfully connected to your home's WiFi.

--IF not connected, then run the WiFi Configuration wizard for your printer. (Be patient on this process).

3rd, Obtain, your printer's IP address; you can print out its network settings from its menu, etc.

4th, Open your web-browser and enter that IP address on the "address bar" in your browser.

--This will take you to your printer's Web-interphase.

--Go to Networking

--Locate the area where the DNS is found.

--Change the IP address for first row in DNS to 8.8.8.8

--Change the IP address for the 2nd row in DNS to 8.8.4.4.

--Save settings.

5th, go to Web services.

--Delete any Web-services profile you may have there.

--Save the settings

--Turn off the printer, disconnect the power form the printer and wait for a minute.

--Power up the printer

--Go back to the Web-interphase of your printer from your Web-browser (by entering its IP).

--Add a new Web-services from the same location were you deleted from by following its wizard process.

èLast, power off, and on, your printer...Wait until all is up and running before doing a test.

That should resolve it.

I hope this may help you resolving the issues with this error.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.  Can you send the solution steps to me at [Edited for Personal Information].  Thanks.

HP Recommended
You need to download the Hp AiO app (hp All in One). You then do the scan via the app instead of the printer. Good luck it was bloody hard to find a solution to this one.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.