Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Download App AiO for HP. It works.
HP Recommended

I'm connected to wi fi but unable to  scan a document . I keep getting error message 403 and re try . Help !!!

HP Recommended

[Moderator edited email]. Thanks

HP Recommended

I have got problem with my printer 5520.It show server connection error 403 .So what can i do ?

Regards,

Keith

HP Recommended

I too am suffering the error 403 problem. This is a real problem to me as I have been passing on mail to my family who have moved to Australia leaving me as the post box for all their mail.

But on your last point about multi page pdf scans, I have been doing this ok  with ap to 8 pages of pdf up to now. When asked if you want to scan another page say yes and it adds the page to whatever you have already scanned. Not obvious and I found it out after a lot of frustration.

Hope the 403 gets lost soon.

HP Recommended

Hi @Keithanna ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

no scans to email

HP Recommended

will they be sending me a private message as well please. I still can't scan to computer from the printer control panel.

HP Recommended
Same issue this problem has existed for several years. HP is so slow to make their customers happy. Hello Epson
HP Recommended

I was really frustrated with this problem and was having trouble finding any way to contact HP suport, eventually found the link to a UK number and rang it. The tech talked me through disabling the wireless completely and then re-instating it from scratch this worked ok and I am now sending scan to email once more. The process was not that complicated , though I would hesitate to try and remember it well enough to post it (should have recorded the call) But Ican't see why the process could not have been picked up by HP and posted here.

Ring up the help desk if you can find the number

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.