Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Photosmart C 4480 all-in-one printer  (2 years old) and am using Windows XP (home version).     My printer has developed problems which do not seem solvable.

Problem is I have a large stock of ink cartridges 350 and 351 for this printer.   

Would prefer to find new HP printer which uses 350 and 351 cartridges.    Are there any ?

Have tried checking HP website but there is no info under 'product spec' what type of cartridges are used.

There is also added problem in that, looking at e-Bay or Amazon, there is not much info provided about type of cartridge used on any printer for sale.

In addition I have a horrible feeling that HP may use different model numbers for different countries.     I'm in France and cannot find any French HP printers which appear to use 350 and 351 cartridges.

Any help to guide me through this muddle would be very much appreciated.

Regards tifossie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there, it may be difficult to source a new HP inkjet printer that will take those cartridges as they were released in 2007. Here is a list of models that should accept those cartridge selectability numbers.

HP Deskjet D4260 Printer (CB641A)
HP Deskjet D4360 Printer (CB700A)
HP Officejet J5780 All-in-One Printer (Q8232A)
HP Officejet J6480 All-in-One Printer (CB029A)
HP Photosmart C4280 All-in-One Printer (CC210A)
HP Photosmart C4385 All-in-One Printer (CC281A)
HP Photosmart C4480 All-in-One Printer (Q8388A)
HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One Printer (Q8401A)
HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-One Printer (Q8330A)
HP Photosmart C5580 All-in-One Printer (Q8341A)
HP Photosmart D5360 Printer (Q8361A)

You're best chance may be finding one on eBay but satisfy yourself that it is a  new nuit and not a previously used one from antoher part of the world as it may not accept your 350/351 supplies as they are the EMEA regionalised version of these supplies.

Best of luck. 

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi there, it may be difficult to source a new HP inkjet printer that will take those cartridges as they were released in 2007. Here is a list of models that should accept those cartridge selectability numbers.

HP Deskjet D4260 Printer (CB641A)
HP Deskjet D4360 Printer (CB700A)
HP Officejet J5780 All-in-One Printer (Q8232A)
HP Officejet J6480 All-in-One Printer (CB029A)
HP Photosmart C4280 All-in-One Printer (CC210A)
HP Photosmart C4385 All-in-One Printer (CC281A)
HP Photosmart C4480 All-in-One Printer (Q8388A)
HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One Printer (Q8401A)
HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-One Printer (Q8330A)
HP Photosmart C5580 All-in-One Printer (Q8341A)
HP Photosmart D5360 Printer (Q8361A)

You're best chance may be finding one on eBay but satisfy yourself that it is a  new nuit and not a previously used one from antoher part of the world as it may not accept your 350/351 supplies as they are the EMEA regionalised version of these supplies.

Best of luck. 

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended

I have a new HP Photosmart C4280 printer that I purchased in the UK about 2 yrs ago

Unfortunately, I cannot source the printer cartridges in the Caribbean or North America.

How many cartridges do you have? How old are they?

Would you be will to sell them to me?  I am located in Trinidad, West Indies.

HP Recommended

Hi there, take a look at this link that explains about finding and installing cartridges in your printer after you've moved country http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02558798

The HP Support phone number for Trinidad & Tobago is  1-800-711-2884. You'll need to contact them to get your printer's region reset to allow it take the appropriate cartridges (HP 74/75) that are sold for your printer in the West Indies.

This should resolve the problem but please post back if you're having any difficulties.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I would like to reset my printer from the UK to Trinidad......so it can work with cartridge # 74  and 75.  HOw do i reset the zones?  I tried calling on the phone to 1 80 711 2884   but i am getting spanish and then the phone cuts off

HP Recommended

Can you tell me how to reset the zone by passing the phone call?  Its too fustrating to phone the 1 800 number

HP Recommended

I reset the region and language on the printer........I put in  a # 74 in the black cartridge slot and its still not recognizing the cartridge.

I reset it at first and was using the old cartridges # 350 and 351 and it was working.

Then the 350 ran out of ink and I put in the # 74.......and ensure that the zone said USA.

It is not recognizing the cartridge.  I have a 74 and 351 in the printer.

HP Recommended

Hi sandra130, resetting the printer to accept cartridges from another region is not something you will be able to do yourself. You will need to contact HP support and have an agent guide you through the steps. Here is the link to the Support phone numbers for the Caribbean http://www.hp.com/latam/caribbean/contact_us/phone_assistance_after_buy.html

The number given for Trindad & Tobago is 1-800-711-2884.

I hope this infromation helps.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

i GOT THROUGH TO  the phone number for Trinidad yesterday.  The man who spoke to me took my cell number and promised that someone from HP will contact me within 48 hrs.  24 hrs have passed and i have not heard from anyone.

I am anxiously waiting for the regional reset.

HP Recommended

I have a number of 350 and 351 cartridges that used to use but cannot find a printer

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.