Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It behaves as if it is about to print something but nothing there to print. It is connected wirelessly. It is rather eerie.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

guess you better get it out of your bedroom.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

YES. The printer is in my room, and about every 45mins-1hr it makes sound for about 10-15 seconds. Wakes me up all night. It is a hassle to have to turn it off and on every time I need to print. I tried changing the printer to USB and it still does it.

Please help

HP Recommended

Some printers will wake themselves up on a regular basis to calibrate the print heads or to clean the toner components.

You usually can't entirely disable this feature because it's an important way to maintain the printer health. Depending on the printer you can sometimes change how often this maintenance is done.

I work for HP
HP Recommended

guess you better get it out of your bedroom.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.