Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I don't know which application that I disabled fixed it but I am no longer getting the print errors. Thank you so much. 

HP Recommended

Nothing yet mentioned worked for me today.  This is what I did:

20140607-0825 Visited HP to inquire about printing error
found
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile-Printing-and-ePrintCenter/windows-8-saying-pri...
windows 8 saying printer error, but still printing
-0829 Saved a JPG copy of my original Startup configuration
-0830 Disabled everything one at a time, then restarted systen
-0837 Turned off Windows Firewall and Windows Defender. Verified 3 red messages in Action Center. Restarted system.
-0843 Attempted to print this log file from Notepad. Still getting error message.
-0845 Checked Windows Update: Only 2 Optional updates are available: Bing Bar and Bing Desktop.
-0903 found http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/topIssuesDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=8195...
This seems to indicate that Printer sharing MUST be turned on. I checked and Private (current profile) is already set for
Yes - Turn on network discovery
Yes - Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices.
Yes - Turn on file and printer sharing
-0909 Googled hp print scan doctor download
misdirection. Finally found it at
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...
HPPSdr.exe Released: 2014-03-17 Version 4.3
-0914 Ran HPPSdr.exe
It found my printer. I clicked "Next" then "Fix Printing".
Seven green check marks "Everything checks out okay with your product."
I clicked on "Test Print". I get the error popup:
"Error printing on HP Color LaserJet 2600n The printer couldn't print PQTestPage.png"
-0924 Got an exit survey. It found that my system was
Version: 4.3.0.21 @ OS: Win 8.1, 64-bit Operating System @ Cmdline: @ PC Type: Home Wired NetWork @ Device Name: HP Color LaserJet 2600n @ Device Type: Network @ Button: Next @ Button: Fix Printing @ Printer Issue: No Problem Found @ Button: Test Print @ Link: Uninstall and Reinstall @ hpbxpsrender.dll: Not Found @ Jun 07 2014 09:21:38
-0926 Googled hpbxpsrender.dll
found
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/HP-Photosmart-C4680/td-p/3734200
did not find this dll available for download from HP

-0936 Turned on Windows Firewall and Windows Defender. Verified NO red messages in Action Center.
-0938 Restored Startup configuration by CTRL-SHIFT-ESC / Startup then enabling according to the JPG. Restarted system.
Waste of an hour.

HP Recommended

I have to get a new laptop and it will have windows 8 the problem is I have a HP envy 4500 printer, I have been told that they wont pair. any help please

HP Recommended

Hi Wilwin31,

I see by your post that you are wondering if you are going to have issues with the HP Envy and Windows 8.

Just download and install the latest Full Feature drivers from the link. HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer Drivers.

If you have any issues printing, check out the Message 10 of 13 to resolve any printing errors.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at Printers - LaserJet.
Click on New Post.

I hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi there. I am so happy to find this post. It is 4.21.2017 and this is stillll a problem. I have hp 4500 and it does the exact same thing.

Print 1 document and then waits 15 mins, says printer error, but still prints document.

Problem for me is, it wont print another document unil that error comes up and say, "hey error, im done" and then I can print again, sometimes its 10-15 mins, sometimes its hours!

This is regardless if its wired or wireless for the install.

No joke, drivers, changed, install re-install, un-install. I can eventually get anothe document if I stop and then restart the spooler, take the paper out, cancel the document and then restart my computer, AND unplug and plug the usb cord.

Seems to be a circus act when I go to print.

I have been a loyal hp fan for over 15 years, but as a business owner - Im at my wits end, i have to get up hours earlier to print a few documents for work, this is nonsense!

Has this ever been resolved for the 4500 printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.