Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Okay so I just got a new labtop (hp) with windows 8 and the hp envy 4500 printer, everytime I print out something (via wireless connection) on the labtop in the right top corner, a popup will say error printing ( can't remember exactly what it says) but eitherway, it's saying that but the printer DOES print. Why does it keep popping up saying error or whichever but there is nothing wrong and it is printing. Not a huge issue but kind of annoying, thanks, Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi TonyKnVA

I understand the printer won't print multiple pages.

Here is a url to temporarily disable all the start up programs to see if one of them is causing any issues.
Click Here.

Turn off any Antivirus software.

Try and print a multiple page document from a couple different applications.

You will have to follow the same steps to enable all again.

Let me know if that makes a difference.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hey there. The message may not be related to printing. Can you recreate the error and let me know what the exact message is?

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I've been having the same issue on every print since setting up my LaserJet P1102w  (wireless). It always prints fine, so I've considered it nothing more than a nuisance. I figured I'd get around to troubleshooting sooner or later (and hoped an update would fix it first). The error is:

Error printing on HP LaserJet P1102w

The printer couldn't print Print

I'm running Windows 8 on an HP Envy 23 TouchSmart

HP Recommended

Hi LaserJetPro,

I understand you are getting an error while printing with your Laserjet P1102W printer, but that it still prints regardless of the error. I will certainly do my best to help you out with this!

Because you're running Windows, I'd like you to download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor to help resolve your issue. I'd like you to run Fix Printing and Fix Scanning with this tool, and after you've done both make sure to restart the PC before you try to print again.

Let me know if this helps!!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello, HP, are you listening?  This is an absolute embarrassment.

•  First, the utter absurdity of an error message EVERY SINGLE TIME you print that says there was a problem printing.  Stuff prints fine.  Just deal with the STUPID message already.
  • Second, the link provided here by MissTerriLynn for the HP Print and Scan Doctor IS BROKEN. 
  • Third, I wend and found the HP Print and Scan Doctor all by myself, ran it.  It found nothing wrong.  But now I get a NEW error message that says my printer is offline, even as the printer spits out pages.

You folks are just the gang that couldn't shoot straight.  Oh, what slick, confidence-inspiring technology.  Don't even get me started on the latest printer driver that tries to sell me HP products every time I just want to see my print queue.

Nice work, folks.  I've been a diehard HP fan since the days when handheld calculators were your flagship consumer products, but now you finally got me starting to look at other brands.  Very nice work.

HP Recommended

@CPatat

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry but this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

HP Recommended

OrnahP, that's why I asked if HP was listening.  A well-run company listens to its customers.  If HP is not monitoring these forums, well, that's just icing on the cake.

By the way, the broken link to the HPPS Doctor was provided by someone who made a point of noting that she works for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi CPatat
Here's a link for the print & scan doc.....

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03275041

You've mentioned seeing the 'printer offline' msg, any joy if you go through the steps outlined below?

Windows 8: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249080

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I too am getting an error message in windows 8 when I print but mine stops after printing 2/3's of the first page and then the print is cancelled. My printer is an HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m printer that I am using wireless. I have run the print and scan doctor but it says that everything is OK. I am using Chrome as my browser. I have tried using their print commands as well as windows print commands. Every once in a blue moon my print will complete but I need to have something more reliable. PLEASE HELP.

HP Recommended

Hi TonyKnVA

I understand the printer won't print multiple pages.

Here is a url to temporarily disable all the start up programs to see if one of them is causing any issues.
Click Here.

Turn off any Antivirus software.

Try and print a multiple page document from a couple different applications.

You will have to follow the same steps to enable all again.

Let me know if that makes a difference.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.