Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Remote Graphics Software
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I installed HP RGS on two computers for a client because they want to work remote at home and want to use 3D mouses.

Read a lot on forums and saw that for this situation the HP RGS was recommended because if the Remote USB function.

The remote part of the software works perfecly, but I can't get the mouses to work.

Both users have workstation computers from lenovo which meets the requirement that is listet.

Here is a list on the equipment they have.

- Windows 7 x64 pc.

- i7 cpu.

- Minimum 8GB of ram.

- 3DConnexion SpaceMouse and SpaceNavigator(both wireless), but have tested with SpaceMouse Pro with cable.

I have tested back and forth with settings, but the mouses still do not work.

Is there a requirement that I have not seen or is there something I can try?

Best regards,

Henning Langheim

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

3D Space Mice should work with HP RGS.  Be sure that the drivers for the SpaceMouse are installed on the remote RGS sender workstation.  If you are still not having luck, I would recomend contacting HP support. They may ask you to reproduce the issue on HP Z Workstations as RGS senders. 

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Does the driver version have to be identical for it to work?

My RGS version is 10.2.3 (runs on Win 8.1 E), my Local version is 10.4.5 (runs on Win7 E).

Both drivers are 3DxWare 10 (64-bit).

HP Recommended

I'm not sure if they have to be identical, but it may be worth trying.  You need the driver on the RGS sender system so that when the USB device is remoted it is recognized by that system. 

Another test is to plug the space mouse into the RGS sender system directly (without RGS involved) and ensure that it works properly. It sounds like you may have done this but it was not clear.

Also, the most current version of HP RGS is 7.2.4 (as of this posting) so perhaps you meant the 3DxWare driver version is 10.2.3 and 10.4.5, not the RGS version.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Yes, the versions I was talking about was for the 3DxWare drivers.

The RGS versions Sender/Receiver are 6.0.3.2897/7.0.2.4944 respectively.

Everything works but the SpaceExplorer.

The Senders physical location in the world is unclear to me, so direct connection is not an option I can try.

My administrative rights are also quite limited, especially on the Sender, but it has the "enable remote USB" box checked.

How do I check that setting on the receiver? I have not found that so far.

HP Recommended
Hello! I'm stuck I don't have a recover disc for my HP 250 G3 Notebook.. Product number K7H85EA#ACQ please help my PC has crushed the sustem... windows 8.1
HP Recommended

Hello. Did you manage to solve this problem? If so, What did you do?

HP Recommended

RGS 7.4.0-has just been released.  Are you experiencing problems, and if so, what version of RGS are you using, and what Make model and OS do you have for your Sender and Receiver?

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks.

We are usin RGS 6.0.4.3115, OS is Win7 x64 Enterprise for the workstation.

Purchased product from 3DConnexion is SpaceMouse Enterprise Kit (SpaceMouse Enterprise and CADMouse).

Actually in the workstation there is installed 3DxWare 6.17.7 driver from 3DConnexion and we can use an old SpaceExplorer Mouse, but new SpaceMouse Enterprise is not recognized by this driver, and CADMouse only works as a pointing device. Even so, when Enterprise Mouse is plugged before launching RGS, it can give some inputs to the workstation; some button's functions are recognized but not all of them and also the LCD and LED stay On, but if Enterprise Mouse is plugged after launching RGS, it is not even energized, LCD and LED wotn turn On, and no inputs are recognized.

HP Recommended

Can you try testing with a newer version of RGS?  If the issue persists on RGS 7.3.3, then I can raise a case to have a fix implemented.  We have made changes to mouse behavior over different newer version of RGS, and you can download a 60 day trial from the web.  I would recommend that you move both sender and receiver to the same version.   Mixing of different major releases 6.x.x to 7.x.x is not supported.   If you are using HP workstations, RGS is a free product.

RGS Sender licensing

RGS Sender is included with HP Z workstations and HP ZBook mobile workstations. A separate license purchase is not required for RGS Sender on these products.

RGS Sender requires a license if installed on any other computer. Further information can be found in the Licensing Guide (see Finding more information on page 4).

NOTE: An RGS connection can be established without a license, but a warning dialog will be overlaid over the RGS Receiver window, blocking a significant portion of your view of the sender desktop.

NOTE: RGS Receiver is a free download for all devices.

Also, you mention that even before the RGS connection, the mouse is not working 100%.  Have you connected the mouse directly to the sender, and then checked to see in the Device Manager that the mouse is being recognized properly.  Could you please provide me with the model number of the 3DConnexion mouse that you are using?

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.