Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (489 Views)

HP RGS sender computers screens remain blank after disconnecting the receiver

Product Name: HP RGS
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP RGS 7.2.2

Sender in office computer (HP Z800 with Windows 7 Enterprise)

Receiver in HP laptop (Elitebook 8470p with Windows 7 Enterprise)

Download and installation with default settings. I had only temporary administrator rights on sender computer, so that I could install HP RGS. 

Tested program at the office wifi. On the first time connection from receiver laptop seemed to work fine, but the screens in the sender computer remained blank after disconnecting the RGS. The only way out was to boot the sender computer by switching it off. 

Day afterwards I tried connection again and got only black window on the receiver computer after connecting by RGS.

I changed HP RGS to Window 7 compatibility mode in "Porperties" -> "Compatibility menu". Now the receiver window showed the sender computer's screen, but did not react to mouse. Again when disconnecting the receiver, the screens in sender computer remained blank. The only thing I see on the black screen is mouse cursor.

Has anyone experienced similar?

Highlighted
Intern
Message 2 of 2 (238 Views)

Re: HP RGS sender computers screens remain blank after disconnecting the receiver

That sounds pretty crazy.  What is your graphics card and driver?  I would suggest upgrading to the latest graphics driver on the RGS sender (Z800), Then removing and re-installing the latest HP RGS (7.2.3).  It may be important to install HP RGS after you update your graphics driver.  Also, what displays are attached to the Z800?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation