Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
RGS 7.3.2 receiver
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm using RGS Receiver 7.3.2.

My PC is Elitebook 840 G3.

I can't un-check "Match Reciever Display resolution" in Setting -> Connection.

By default, it's checked and I can't do anything for it.

However I'd like to un-check it. Do you know how I can do it?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello.   Since you don't mind losing the touch feature, to enable "Force Desktop UI" go to the following:  C:\Program Files (x86) - Hewlett-Packard - Remote Graphics Receiver.  Launch this executible:  receiverConfigApp.exe.  You will see the following GUI appear.  Save, and close GUI.  Close your Receiver and then relaunch.  You should be able to uncheck the match resolutions boxes.  Let me know if this does not work for you.  Thanks!

receiverConfigApp GUI picture.JPG

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello, I am with RGS Support.  I will see if I can replicate your issue, and get back with you hopefully tomorrow.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Here is the image for your reference.

It seems gray out.

Nothing happens even if I click the check.

2016-08-10_10-16-34.png

Regards,

HP Recommended

Some RGS settings, like "Match Receiver Display Resolution" must be edited before a conection is made. If a setting is grayed out, there is a good chance it is a setting that can only be changed before you make the RGS connection.

Also, you should be able to change the resolution of the remote machine while inside an RGS session. If the remote workstation is running Windows you can right click on the desktop and change the resolution, just as you would if you were sitting in front of that workstation.

Hope this helps

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

RGS is not always correctly detecting touch devices.  This issue will be fixed in release 7.3.2.  In the meantime, if you force RGS to use a desktop UI, this should fix your problem. 

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I'm also having this problem in 7.3.2

Even if this is explicity configured in the "rgreceiverconfig" file, RGS ignores the configuration and enforces Resolution Matching by default.

Forcing the Desktop UI doesn't resolve this either.

Come on guys, fix it up please!

HP Recommended

What version is your Operating System?  If Windows 10, please let me know what version.  To find version, Tap on the Windows-key, type winver.exe and hit enter.  This will pop up another window showing information about the version of Windows 10 you are running.  There was some different steps to complete between Threshold and Redstone.

Win 10 Version Info.JPG

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Mine is  Windows 10 Pro (x64) build 14393.953

HP Recommended

Okay, so you have Win 10 RS2.  Do you use touchscreen?  Trying to see if I can replicate your issue.  I sent you a private email asking for system configurations.  That would be helpful information.  Is your receiver a laptop or desktop, does not  matter if it is HP hardware or not. 

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
My laptop (receiver) has touchscreen enabled. I have replied to your PM with system details.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.