Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Okay, so you will not be able to use the force desktop settings as you will lose your touch capability on your laptop.  Let me see what I can do on reproducing this today, and get you a fix.

I work on the behalf of HP.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I ran into this same issue today, running Receiver version 7.3.2 on a Dell Inspiron i5559 with touchscreen.

I'd be happy to give up the touchscreen feature (whcih I rarely use), but I don't know what it means to "force desktop UI" as I don't see any option like that anywhere in the software.

Hoping for a fix soon.

HP Recommended

Hello.   Since you don't mind losing the touch feature, to enable "Force Desktop UI" go to the following:  C:\Program Files (x86) - Hewlett-Packard - Remote Graphics Receiver.  Launch this executible:  receiverConfigApp.exe.  You will see the following GUI appear.  Save, and close GUI.  Close your Receiver and then relaunch.  You should be able to uncheck the match resolutions boxes.  Let me know if this does not work for you.  Thanks!

receiverConfigApp GUI picture.JPG

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello KellyRGS,

Thank for the information. It works for me!

I've started this thread and now is the time to close it.

I will wait for a reply from the guy who has the same issue.

Thanks!

Mika

HP Recommended

Yes, that worked for me too.  Once I forced the desktop UI, the match resolution checkbox was cleared by default.

Thanks,

--Ryan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.