Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (233 Views)

Remote computer

[ Edited ]
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I would like some help with the follwoing.

I have a Z800 workstation that I want to move out of the office and into another room. I want to be able to operate this computer via another computer in my office. Both computers will be connected to an internal network.

The computer (Z800) will be used for 3D modelling and computational calculations.

Can anybody reccomend the best way to do this?

Thanks,

Pierce.

Regents Professor
Message 2 of 3 (222 Views)

Re: Remote computer

PierceBd wrote:

Hello,

I would like some help with the follwoing.

I have a Z800 workstation that I want to move out of the office and into another room. I want to be able to operate this computer via another computer in my office. Both computers will be connected to an internal network.

The computer (Z800) will be used for 3D modelling and computational calculations.

Can anybody reccomend the best way to do this?

Thanks,

Pierce.

You can use Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection or a third-party application such as TeamViewer.

Highlighted
Intern
Message 3 of 3 (150 Views)

Re: Remote computer

[ Edited ]

HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS) is the HP software designed to do exactly what you are trying to accomplish. And it is included with your HP Z workstation.

You can download it at www.hp.com/go/rgs

You should not have to use RDP, since you have something better for free.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation