Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, Adam:

Download and extract the W7 64 bit drivers to a USB flash drive from the link I posted above. Those would be on the first download listed.

Then when W7 asks for the driver, you select the one I posted above from the list.  That is the AHCI driver you need.   Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

HP Recommended
Hi,

Oh okay, should I install Win 7 through disk or USB?
HP Recommended

You can install via the disk but there is the option to add the SATA/RAID driver where it will see your USB flash drive and you can scroll to and select that driver to install.

Otherwise, I would download the W7 SP1 ISO installation file from the other link I posted, and use that tool to put it on a flash drive.

It makes it bootable and everything.  Just save anything you currently have on there to another place because the tool will format the flash drive.

HP Recommended
Okay, and would I slipstream the ISO to include the SATA/RAID driver on the flash drive?
HP Recommended

Hi, Adam

I had the exact same issue on my M6-1115tx, what version of Windows are you trying to install, I tried both home premium and ultimate but when I bought an OEM version of PRO that installed with no issues what so ever. If your not using pro then I would suggest that, otherwise I have no other ideas for you

HP Recommended

You can either slipstream it or install using the advanced options in the install menu.

HP Recommended
Hi jsw
I have been trying to install Ultimate. So that may be my problem. Did you run the install from disk and loaded driver through USB?
HP Recommended

Yes, I did, you may find that the Wi-Fi driver doesn't work, however your ethernet should and you can google the compatable id's and they should work. Some drivers you can also autoupdate in the device manager 

HP Recommended
Hmm okay. What was the exact version? Was it Win7 64 bit with SP1?
HP Recommended

Hi, Paul

Thank your info.

The HP Pavilion m6t-1000 driver none of working each install get the error: This program might not have installed correcty and not driver working.

Please help!

N in

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.