Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,121 Views)

Finger print scanner is not working

Product Name: Hp envy 15 j048tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

In my pc I m trying to on the finger print scanner in order to use it to unlock my pc, I tried installing drivers from the website of hp but it is still not working. I had formatted my pc 4 months ago so i don'r have any idea how to get everything installed again in my pc. Can somebody please help me in order to get my pc in the condition the was it was when i bought it.Please

Provost
Message 2 of 4 (1,109 Views)

Re: Finger print scanner is not working

@Yuvak

Your system does not provide Drivers for Windows 10 -- the website support page is working; it just does not have anything to offer for Windows 10.

Switching the OS to Windows 8.1 provides the last available drivers for this system.

I would guess that between the time you purchased the computer and now that the Operating System has been migrated to Windows 10.  If you created your Recovery Media when you purchased the computer, you can try using System Recovery to take the system back to its original state.  Be aware that Recovery wipes out all your data (user files) -- you would need to have backups of your account data that you load after the Operating System is installed.

In general, for a system for which there are not Windows 10 HP Drivers, you are dependent on Windows 10 Updates for driver support.  This is not always a bad thing; Windows driver support is getting better all the time.

I can help with Simplepass in the sense that I can provide the basic information you need to implement the fingerprint setup and the HP SimplePass program.

The big caveat:  Without HP Drivers for the Operating System that you are currently running, there is a chance that the fingerprint login may not work.

If you can get at least to the point of setting a PIN number for your Windows 10 login, HP SimplePass can be adjusted to use the PIN number without the fingerprint reader.

Your Validity Sensor Driver:

sp63418.exe

(26.2 MB)

HP SimplePass - latest driver at this writing:

sp76923 HP SimplePass V8.01.62A W7-W10 32/64bit

• (Re)install the fingerprint driver (Validity Sensor Driver)
  • Reboot the computer and log in.

• Windows 10 requires that you set a PIN number to enable the fingerprint logon.

Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options

• Reboot the computer and log in

• Assuming that works, install HP SimplePass

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  The following post provides essentially this same information and includes more detail:

Fingerprint scanner won't work after update

Help, suggestions, and examples:

Instructions to Upgrade HP SimplePass

Read the first page: Dragon Document Guidelines

Sections of interest include:

• Order of Events is important
  • Change Sign-In Options
  • Procedure - Update / (Re) Install HP SimplePass
  • Reset / Edit / Website Settings - Series 8 HP SimplePass
    • Add / Remove fingerprints – Use PIN
  • Bits and Drivers

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,090 Views)

it is not wrking! I did as you said but it doesn't help

Dragon-Fur wrote:

@Yuvak

Your system does not provide Drivers for Windows 10 -- the website support page is working; it just does not have anything to offer for Windows 10.

Switching the OS to Windows 8.1 provides the last available drivers for this system.

I would guess that between the time you purchased the computer and now that the Operating System has been migrated to Windows 10.  If you created your Recovery Media when you purchased the computer, you can try using System Recovery to take the system back to its original state.  Be aware that Recovery wipes out all your data (user files) -- you would need to have backups of your account data that you load after the Operating System is installed.

In general, for a system for which there are not Windows 10 HP Drivers, you are dependent on Windows 10 Updates for driver support.  This is not always a bad thing; Windows driver support is getting better all the time.

I can help with Simplepass in the sense that I can provide the basic information you need to implement the fingerprint setup and the HP SimplePass program.

The big caveat:  Without HP Drivers for the Operating System that you are currently running, there is a chance that the fingerprint login may not work.

If you can get at least to the point of setting a PIN number for your Windows 10 login, HP SimplePass can be adjusted to use the PIN number without the fingerprint reader.

sp63418.exe

(26.2 MB)

• Windows 10 requires that you set a PIN number to enable the fingerprint logon.

Yellow_Arrow_Bullet_2.jpg  The following post provides essentially this same information and includes more detail:

• Change Sign-In Options
  • Bits and Drivers

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur wrote:

@Yuvak

sp63418.exe

(26.2 MB)

• Change Sign-In Options
  • Bits and Drivers

Highlighted
Provost
Message 4 of 4 (1,081 Views)

@Yuvak

I am sorry to hear that.

The steps may be worth repeating.  Understand there is no guarentee that doing it all again will have a different result.

If you have Fast Start enabled, consider disabling this feature (temporarily) while you remove and then reinstall the downloaded Validity Sensor Driver.

Not having any HP Drivers for your current Operating System may be complicating the problem.

Too, it is possible I have missed something.

If I have anything else to add, I will post back.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation