01-04-2017 10:01 AM
Hey there! @Babacedi, Welcome to HP forums.
I understand that your PS2 keyboard has stopped working on your windows 8 laptop.
HP laptops are not shipped with PS2 ports on it.So how are you connecting the PS2 keyboard to the laptop?
However, try few troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
Disconnect the device from the computer.
Turn off the power for the device, if the device has a separate power supply.
Open Device Manager. To do this, use one of the following methods:
In Windows 8, click StartStart button, type device in the Start Search box, and then click Device Manager in the Programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
Double-click Keyboard, right-click the keyboard that you use, and then click Uninstall.
Note If your device is not listed, this means that the device was removed automatically when you disconnected the device. Go to the next step.
Restart the computer.
First, turn on the device, if you have to, and then plug the device into the computer. Your computer detects the device and then reinstalls the drivers for the device.
I'll watch your reply!
Have a wonderful day ahead!
I am an HP Employee
“ If you found this reply helpful”, you can let others know by
“Accepting This As The Solution.” You can also show your appreciation by “Giving Kudos.”
- HP Touchpoint Manager - Using the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Feature with HP Touchpoint Manager
- HP Touchpoint Manager - Creating and Managing Groups in HP Touchpoint Manager
- HP Touchpoint Manager - Password Management and Recovery in HP Touchpoint Manager
- HP Touchpoint Manager - Adding Subscription Keys to Your HP Touchpoint Manager Account
- HP Touchpoint Manager - Managing Users in HP Touchpoint Manager