08-24-2016 12:19 PM
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I will do my best to help.
I understand that you are unable to use your USB drive.
Have you tried using it in another computer?
Does it work there?
Which update programs have you used?
Did you happen to try using the HP Support Assistant?
Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you have not tried it yet. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.
If the device is not recognized in any port, disconnect it and go to the next step.
- Open Device Manager.
Double-click Universal Serial Bus Controllers,
Double-click a USB Root Hub,
Click the Power tab,
Click Power Properties (if it is shown).
Did you try to uninstall the USB device in the Device Manager and then restart your Notebook twice?
When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as an Accepted Solution. If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below.
Please re-post and let me know the detailed results of all the troubleshooting steps in this post.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Have a great day!
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Touchpoint Manager - Using the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Feature with HP Touchpoint Manager
- HP Touchpoint Manager - Creating and Managing Groups in HP Touchpoint Manager
- HP Touchpoint Manager - Password Management and Recovery in HP Touchpoint Manager
- HP Touchpoint Manager - Adding Subscription Keys to Your HP Touchpoint Manager Account
- HP Touchpoint Manager - Managing Users in HP Touchpoint Manager