Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (883 Views)

touchpad deactive

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP support team

i cant deactivate my touchpad as i press double click to the piont in left-north of touchpad and it doesnt deactivate it

thank you

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (854 Views)

Re: touchpad deactive

@engahmed13

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy I understand that you have an HP laptop with Windows 10 installed and you would like to disable the touchpad. I read that when you double tap the upper left point on the touchpad it doesn't disable the touchpad. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. Let me assist you further.  

1. In Windows, search for "mouse".

From the results list, click Mouse & touchpad settings.

2. Click Additional mouse options.

Figure: Additional mouse options

Devices window in Setting with Additional mouse options selected

3. On the ClickPad tab, click and select " Disable internal device when external USB pointing device is attached). 

Figure: ClickPad Settings

Mouse Properties with ClickPad tab and Settings selected

4. Click on Apply and then OK.

If the above steps do not work then you may try the below method:

1. Open the Mouse properties window again.

2. Click the Device Settings or the ClickPad Settings tab of Mouse Properties. If you have a Synaptics device, the tab includes the Synaptics icon.

Figure: Device Settings

Mouse properties page with Settings and Device Settings highlighted.

3. Select the desired touchpad under the Devices list, and then click either Enable to turn on the device.

4. To turn off TouchPad, click Disable.

Feel free to let me know the outcome. Cheers! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation